September 6, 2018
(Join our Wednesday Prayer Group! Gatherings resume 9/19 at 1pm in Room #3 @ North)
- Group Life: Everyone!– This weekend our full complement of groups begin – from Bible Trek both hours on Sunday to our Sunday youth programs, adult groups and midweek groups as well. If you’re looking for a place to connect with others at the church, we want to help.
- Children’s Programs: Contact Pastor John at email@example.com
- Youth Programs: Contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Groups: Contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com
- Group Life: Marriage– The“Making Marriage Work” group begins on Sunday, October 14thand runs for four consecutive Sundays from 6 – 7:15pm. There is no cost for attending and this is open to all dating, engaged and married couples. Childcare will be provided (please sign up in advance at the Information Desk). For more information contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Group Life: Prime-Timers– Our 55 years old and older group is beginning their year of lunches again on Thursday, September 13that noon.These lunches last an hour or so, and are wonderful times of fellowship and sharing. We’d love to see you there!
- Thank you to Dick and Jean Parkmanwho have led the Prime Timers for many years, but who are retiring from that role this year. They’ve done a terrific job and we’re grateful to you both, Dick and Jean!
- Community Life: All Babies Cherished Banquet– The annual fundraising banquet for All Babies Cherished is Thursday, September 27that 7pm (Quality Inn, Batavia). A meal is provided at no cost, and the theme is “Love, Advocate, Live in Freedom” and there will be an opportunity to offer financial support. Please RSVP to 344-5660 by September 10th.
- Group Life: Financial Peace– A new semester of Financial Peace University is starting on Tuesday, September 18that 7pm at North. You can register on-line (find the link on our website, northgatefmc.com) or from our app. And if you have questions, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Life: Divorce Care– If you’ve experienced the pain of a divorce, Divorce Care may be able to help. This 13-week group looks at healing from a Christian perspective and is a place for finding support and encouragement, and to discover that you do not have to do this alone. The next session of Divorce Care begins 9/22 at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 (North). For more information, contact the church office at 343-4011.
- Group Life: Men and Women– Guys, if you are looking for a place to connect with other men once a week, check out the Wednesday night Men’s Bible Study – “Ignite”. This group meets at 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North and is beginning a study of the gospel of John. All guys are welcome. For more information contact Mike Marsh at email@example.com.
- And at the same time on Wednesday nights Cricket’s women’s group is meeting in the room next door. They are studying “Seamless” by Angie Smith. For more information on this group contact Cricket at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: Addictions– Every Thursday night we hold a Celebrate Recovery meeting (North/6:30pm) where anyone with a hurt, habit or hang-up can find hope.On Wednesday, September 26thwe’re going to host an informal “Coffee Talk” gathering for the family and friends of people who struggle with addictions. This will be a time to connect, get better informed and be encouraged. The gathering starts at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 at North. For more information contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) program starts up again on September 25th, and the leaders are already meeting and getting ready for another great year. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. There are daytime and evening groups, as well as groups for Moms of older children and Teen Moms. If you want information on how to be involved contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Marsha (email@example.com).
- Group Life: Bible Quizzing– The information meeting for our renewed Bible Quizzing program was a great success… eight of your teens signed up to be part of this year’s quiz team! It’s never too late for others to join in. For more information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – Mark 8:23 – ‘… Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?” (Read Mark 8:1-38)
This is a miracle story that can be puzzling – Jesus has to twice put his hands on the blind man’s eyes before the man is able to see clearly. I think I’ve often been that man, though – someone who has begun to see God’s work in my life, but dimly, needing more time with Jesus, more of his healing touch, before I see it with clarity. This encourages me, because I know that if I am in the presence of Jesus, as this man was, and I allow him to touch my life, as he did, the clarity will come, as it did for him.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.