- Prime Timers Meets on Thursday– Our Prime Timers group is ready to get meeting again and will be doing just that this coming Thursday (9/12) at noon at the pavilion at Northgate/North. This group is for anyone 55 years old and older and all who identify with that age group are welcome to attend. This month hotdogs and paper products will be provided. Please bring a dish to pass. And feel free to park close to the pavilion. Looking forward to Thursday!
- The Children’s Wing Remodel is Complete!– This summer we have been investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. The remodel is complete thanks to Mark Logan, Chris Laird, Mike McGrath and a lot of volunteers. Thank you one and all! We believe this new wing is going to be a place where kids will want to come and will want to bring their friends. Everyone is invited to walk down that hall to check it out, but please do so only when Children’s programming is notunderway (unless you are a parent taking a child to a room!).
- Thank You Pastor Gloria!– Pastor Gloria has served Northgate faithfully and well for 12 years. Many of you have been the happy beneficiaries of her good ministry and gifts. Gloria is now moving into semi-retirement, which means she will continue as the Lead Pastor at Arbor House, but will hand other responsibilities over to other staff. We want to celebrate and thank Gloria for her good service and are planning to do that with cake and fellowship next Sunday, September 15after the second service in the North Café. Hope to see you there!
- Israel Tour– We now have almostover 20 people committed to take the tour of Israel next February (15-25). There is time for more to sign up, but time is running out. If you’d like to get more information on this trip, you can do so by contacting Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any interest in going, please contact me soon!
- “Not So Newlywed Night”– Our first sermon series of the fall is called “It’s Complicated” and will focus on relationships of all kinds, including marriage.Just for fun on Friday, September 27 at 6:30pm at Northwe’re going to have a “Not So Newlywed” game night and put some staff couples “on the spot”! This is a great opportunity to invite some friends to a fun night at Northgate and we hope you’ll do just that!
- FED Talk on Addictions– Arbor House is resuming their FED Talk series beginning Thursday, 9/19 at 6pm. This month’s talk will be on the topic of “Addictions.” Everyone is welcome to attend these nights which focus on “Food, Exploration and Dialogue.” A light meal is provided before the exploration and dialogue and it all takes place at our South Campus (Arbor House) at 350 Bank St.
- Moms in Prayer/Prayer for Schools– As the new school year gets underway we want to take a moment to pray for students and teachers and other school personnel – that God will protect, lead and speak into their lives this year. We are going to do that in our services on the weekend of September 14 and 15. Also, please know that throughout the school year we have a group that meets on the 2ndand 4thTuesdays at 6:30pm to pray for the schools. Moms in Prayer meets at North inRoom #6 and you are welcome to join them.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group is Studying Romans– The Monday night group led by Pastor Vern is going to start meeting again on September 9 at 6:30pm. This year we are going to read and discuss the book of Romans. This has been a fun and lively group and our discussions of the Bible have been very rewarding. We now have more space available to meet in, so if you’d like to join in you are most welcome! We will meet in Room #2 at North. For more information you can contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Grief Share and Divorce Care Groups Start Up This Week – This Fall’s sessions of Grief Share and Divorce Care are about to start meeting. Grief Share begins Tuesday, September 10 at 6pm and Divorce Care starts on Saturday, September 14 at 6pm. Both groups meet at Northgate/North and are open to anyone for who desires help in these areas. For more information contact John Chadwick firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BASE & Young Adult Events– Middle School BASE begins next Wednesday at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. The College & Careers group meets Sundays at 8pm. All of these are at South. Also, a Young Adult Book Club meets on Wednesdays at 11am, but the location varies. And – there is going to be a BASE Camping event the weekend of 9/27. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 15:7 – “I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” – (Read Luke 15:1-32)
This is one of the most wonderful chapters in the Bible, among many wonderful chapters! If you are “a sinner who has repented” then read this chapter and take to heart how happy God is to know you and how much He loves you! They threw a party in heaven when you repented of your sin and turned to Christ! And if you haven’t repented yet, but do now, then the party can be thrown for you! God, and all of heaven, rejoices when we turn to Him. If you haven’t done so yet, and don’t know how, please talk to one of the pastors. We can help.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.