The Northgate Parking Lot Crew wants to send out a big “Thank you!” for the warm greetings, hot coffee and cookies, muffins and other treats people bring them each week. So from the people who help us keep our parking lot safe: Thank you!
- Mission Life: Set Free Weekend– This weekend we are taking a moment to pray for those who are part of the 40 millions slaves in the world today.Modern slavery is defined as: holding people through violence or the threat of violence, making them unable to walk away, and making them do things they don’t want to do. The Free Methodist church was begun out of deep commitment to freedom for all people, and we continue to proclaim that today as followers of Jesus Christ. Please join us in prayer for the release of all those held in slavery. And if you want to learn more you can go to https://www.setfreemovement.com/resources/
- Community Life: Missions– Some members of Northgate are organizing a food program at Oakfield-Alabama Schools for children who might otherwise go hungry on the weekend. We want to help them get started! On the weekend of October 20thand 21styou are invited to bring loaves of bread, boxes of pasta, canned goods and/or juice, which we will collect at the church and send on to the school. Let’s help this get off to a great start!
- Community Life: Membership Class– Required for those who want to become members, but open to anyone who wants to know more about our church, this class meets on three consecutive Sundays at 9:30am in Room #1, and is led by a different pastor each week. Middle school and high school age children are welcome to join in, and younger children may take part in our Bible Trek, Preschool, Toddler or Nursery classes. You can sign up at the Information Desk in the lobby or go to northgatefmc.com/membership, or the Next Steps section of our app to register and if want to know more about it just ask any of the pastors.
- Group Life: Marriage– The“Making Marriage Work” group begins on Sunday, October 14thand runs for four consecutive Sundays from 6 – 7:15pm. There is no cost for attending and this is open to all dating, engaged and married couples. Childcare will be provided (please sign up in advance at the Information Desk). For more information contact Pastor Gloria (email@example.com) or Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serving Life: Ring the Bells!– It’s not too early to think about helping the Salvation Army minister to people by signing up to ring the bells! We’ll be doing this December 8th, 12th, and 15that Tops Markets. Sign up sheets will be out soon, but if you want more information now contact Suzy Jarrett at email@example.com
- Community Life: Service of Remembrance– A women’s worship service of remembrance called “HELD”, for all women impacted by the loss of a baby through miscarriage and infant loss, is happening Sunday, October 7thfrom 6-8pm. There is no cost to attend and it will take place at Shewan Recital Hall, Roberts Cultural Life Center, Roberts Wesleyan College. Because every life, even the tiniest and shortest, makes a lasting impact.
- Serving Life: Volunteer Appreciation Open House– The Staff would like to extend a invitation to all who volunteer in any capacity or ministry at Northgate to join us for an open house on October 17th. Staff will provide food and we will gather for an informal time of fellowship from 6-8pm. This is a “come when you can, leave when you must” event. Our previous gatherings have been a lot of fun and we hope you’ll be able to join us for this one!
- Group Life: Men’s and Women’s Studies on Wednesday Nights–
- Men’s Study: 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North – a study of the gospel of John. For more information contact Mike Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Study: 7pm in Meeting Room #2 at North – a study called “Seamless.” For more information on this group contact Cricket at email@example.com.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) program began again on September 25th. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. There are daytime and evening groups, as well as groups for Moms of older children and Teen Moms. If you want information on how to be involved contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Marsha (email@example.com).
- Group Life: Moms in Prayer– This group meets to pray for the spiritual needs and educational success of our school and/or college aged children. MIP will start meeting on October 2ndfrom 7-8pm in Meeting Room #6 at North. Meetings are the 1stand 3rdTuesdays of each month while school is in session. For more information visit www.MomsinPrayer.orgor call Paula Neumann at 585-201-0079.
You Can Count on This – Mark 11:12 – The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. (Read Mark 11:1-33)
Why this verse, out of the whole chapter? Because it reminds us of something we may forget… Jesus was not just fully God, but he was also fully human. He got hungry, like we do; he felt emotions the way we do; he was tempted, like we are (though he never succumbed to sin). Jesus understands you and me, because he experienced life as we do. We can go to him with anything, confident that he “gets us”, and loves us.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.