- Membership Class – We’re giving the “Membership Class” a new name: Northgate 101. This group will meet for 3 weeks in Meeting Room #1 beginning this Sunday, September 29 at 9:30am. This is open to anyone who wants to know more about Northgate but is required of those who want to become members. Register for it on the Northgate website (northgatefmc.com) but if you don’t get a chance to just show up! We’ll be glad to have you!
- Set Free Weekend – This weekend we will recognize the Set Free movement, which focuses our attention on modern day slavery. For those who want to learn more about how the Set Free Movement is working to fight human trafficking around the world and in our own community, Terri Noble will lead a Bible study and prayer group using the book “Urban Shalom” by Set Free Director Kevin Austin as a guide. The group will meet at 9:30am Mondays from 9/30-11/4 at North Campus in the preschool room. The group is open to anyone and parents with young children are welcome to bring them along. For more information contact Pastor Marsha email@example.com.
- Get More Comfortable Sharing Your Faith – If you struggle to share your faith in Jesus, you’re not alone. For many reasons people are finding this a more difficult thing to do. If you’d like to grow in this area, Pastor Vern is offering a class on Sunday nights in October called “Three Circles.” This class will focus on one method for talking about our faith which might help you to feel more comfortable doing that. The class meets at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 and you can sign up for it at the Information Desk, at our website (northgatefmc.com) or by contacting Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Men and Women Looking for a Group to Attend – Wednesday nights at 7pm there are two groups that meet at Northgate/North. One is a Men’s group led by Mike Marsh, and the other is a Women’s group led by Cricket Seward. These groups are open to all men and all women, so if you’re looking for a place to connect and grow, check them out.
- Baptisms and Dedications – If you are interested in having a child dedicated or baptized, or in being baptized yourself, please know that we will be having another “This Changes Everything” weekend on 10/19-20. To talk to a pastor about this please indicate your interest on a Welcome Card (found in the seats in the sanctuary) or contact the church office at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Monday Night Discipleship Group is Studying Romans – The Bible study group led by Pastor Vern meets on Mondays at 6:30pm. We’re reading and discussing the book of Romans and everyone is welcome to join in. We meet in Room #2 at North. For more information you can contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grief Share and Divorce Care Groups – Grief Share and Divorce Care classes have begun. Grief Share meets on Tuesdays at 6pm and Divorce Care meets on Saturdays at 6pm. Both groups meet at Northgate/North and are open to anyone who desires help in these areas. For more information contact John Chadwick email@example.com.
- BASE & Young Adult Events – Middle School BASE meets on Wednesdays at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. A young adult group (post high-school) meets on Wednesdays at 8:30pm. All of these are at South. Also, a Young Adult Book Club (Ember) meets at Batavia’s Original Pizzeria on Sundays at 8:30pm. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also check out the Adult groups meeting on Sunday at 8:30, 9:30 and 11am.
- Serving Our Community – If you’re looking to serve in the community the YWCA has need of people to do childcare for their Domestic Violence program and the YMCA needs volunteers for their afterschool program. Please contact those agencies to learn more.
- Financial Peace – The current session of Financial Peace started this past Wednesday, September 25 but there’s still time to join! For more information on this life-changing program contact Pastor John at email@example.com or you can sign up on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 18:8 – “I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” – (Read Luke 18:1-17)
In this passage Jesus promises his followers that God is just and one day God will make everything that is wrong now to be right. Sometimes in this life we complain about things being “unfair” or “unjust”. Guilty people get away with their crimes. Innocent people are falsely accused. Evil people take advantage of others and seem to skate through life without any repercussions. Jesus knows this. And says to us, “Be patient. You will see justice done one day. Don’t let the delay cause you to sacrifice your faith. Trust in the Lord.”
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.