Family Movie Night: This Friday (9/21) at Arbor House (350 Bank St.). Doors open at 5:30pm and the movie is “The Incredibles”. Movie and refreshments are free!
- Community Life: Missions– Some members of Northgate are part of a team at Oakfield-Alabama Schools who are organizing a food program for children who might otherwise go hungry on the weekend. We want to help them get started! On the weekend of October 20thand 21styou are invited to bring loaves of bread, boxes of pasta, canned goods and/or juice, which we will collect at the church and send on to the school. Let’s help this get off to a great start!
- Community Life: Membership Class– If you want to learn more about Northgate and the Free Methodist Church, or you’d like to get to know the pastors better, come to our three-week Membership Class. This is required for those who want to become members but is open to anyone who wants to know more about our church. The class meets on three consecutive Sundays at 9:30am in Room #1, and is led by a different pastor each week. Middle school and high school age children are welcome to join in, and younger children may take part in our Bible Trek, Preschool, Toddler or Nursery classes. You can sign up at the Information Desk in the lobby or go to northgatefmc.com/membership, or the Next Steps section of our app to register and if want to know more about it just ask any of the pastors.
- Group Life: Marriage– The“Making Marriage Work” group begins on Sunday, October 14thand runs for four consecutive Sundays from 6 – 7:15pm. There is no cost for attending and this is open to all dating, engaged and married couples. Childcare will be provided (please sign up in advance at the Information Desk). For more information contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Serving Life: Building English Skills Together– This class for those learning English will begin on October 1stand is being led by Laurie Smallwood. We welcome people interested in helping with transporting students to and from class on Monday nights, providing childcare, teaching, assisting, making a snack available, helping with interpretation services and/or leading a 5 minute devotional. To get involved contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: Service of Remembrance– A women’s worship service of remembrance called “HELD”, for all women impacted by the loss of a baby through miscarriage and infant loss, is happening Sunday, October 7thfrom 6-8pm. There is no cost to attend and it will take place at Shewan Recital Hall, Roberts Cultural Life Center, Roberts Wesleyan College. Because every life, even the tiniest and shortest, makes a lasting impact.
- Serving Life: Volunteer Appreciation Open House– The Staff would like to extend a invitation to all who volunteer in any capacity or ministry at Northgate to join us for an open house on October 17th. Staff will provide food and we will gather for an informal time of fellowship from 6-8pm. This is a “come when you can, leave when you must” event. Our previous gatherings have been a lot of fun and we hope you’ll be able to join us for this one!
- Group Life: Men’s and Women’s Studies on Wednesday Nights–
- Men’s Study: 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North – a study of the gospel of John. For more information contact Mike Marsh at email@example.com.
- Women’s Study: 7pm in Meeting Room #2 at North – a study called “Seamless.” For more information on this group contact Cricket at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: Learn About Addictions– On Wednesday, September 26thwe’re going to host an informal “Coffee Talk” gatheringfor the family and friends of people who struggle with addictions. This will be a time to connect, get better informed and be encouraged. The gathering starts at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 at North. For more information contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) program starts up again on September 25th, and the leaders are already meeting and getting ready for another great year. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. There are daytime and evening groups, as well as groups for Moms of older children and Teen Moms. If you want information on how to be involved contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Marsha (email@example.com).
- Group Life: Moms in Prayer– This group meets to pray for the spiritual needs and educational success of our school and/or college aged children. MIP will start meeting on October 2ndfrom 7-8pm in Meeting Room #6 at North. Meetings are the 1stand 3rdTuesdays of each month while school is in session. For more information visit www.MomsinPrayer.orgor call Paula Neumann at 585-201-0079.
You Can Count on This – Mark 10:16 – “And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.” (Read Mark 10:1-52)
So tender. So thoughtful. And such a strong message at a time and in a world that didn’t necessarily give much value to children. Jesus shows us that each life has immense value, regardless of age or any other qualifier. Pray for the children today – that they would know the love of Jesus and that Jesus would watch over them.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.