September 13, 2018
- Community Life: Membership Class– If you want to learn more about Northgate and the Free Methodist Church, or you’d like to get to know the pastors better, come to our three-week Membership Class. This is required for those who want to become members but is open to anyone who wants to know more about our church. The class meets on three consecutive Sundays at 9:30am, starting October 7th, in Room #1, and is led by a different pastor each week. Middle school and high school age children are welcome to join in, and younger children may take part in our Bible Trek, Preschool, Toddler or Nursery classes. You can sign up at the Information Desk in the lobby or go to northgatefmc.com/membership, or the Next Steps section of our app to register. If want to know more about it just ask any of the pastors.
- Community Life: Arbor House Movie Night– Arbor House is sponsoring a Family Movie Night on Friday, September 21st.The movie (The Incredibles)and refreshments arefree, and doors will open at 5:30pm. All are welcome!! Invite your friends, and enjoy a fun night out!
- Group Life: Marriage– The“Making Marriage Work” group begins on Sunday, October 14thand runs for four consecutive Sundays from 6 – 7:15pm. There is no cost for attending and this is open to all dating, engaged and married couples. Childcare will be provided (please sign up in advance at the Information Desk). For more information contact Pastor Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Serving Life: Building English Skills Together– This class for those learning English will begin on October 1stand is being led by Laurie Smallwood. We welcome people interested in helping with transporting students to and from class on Monday nights, providing childcare, teaching, assisting, making a snack available, helping with interpretation services and/or leading a 5 minute devotional. To get involved contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Life: Financial Peace– A new semester of Financial Peace University is starting on Tuesday, September 18that 7pm at North. You can register on-line (find the link on our website, northgatefmc.com) or from our app. And if you have questions, contact Pastor John at email@example.com.
- Group Life: Divorce Care– If you’ve experienced the pain of a divorce, Divorce Care may be able to help. This 13-week group looks at healing from a Christian perspective and is a place for finding support and encouragement, and to discover that you do not have to do this alone. The next session of Divorce Care begins 9/22 at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 (North). For more information, contact the church office at 343-4011.
- Group Life: Men and Women– Guys, if you are looking for a place to connect with other men once a week, check out the Wednesday nightMen’s Bible Study – “Ignite”. This group meets at 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North and is beginning a study of the gospel of John. All guys are welcome. For more information contact Mike Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And at the same time on Wednesday nights Cricket’s women’s group is meeting in the room next door.They are studying “Seamless” by Angie Smith. For more information on this group contact Cricket at email@example.com.
- Community Life: Addictions– On Wednesday, September 26thwe’re going to host an informal “Coffee Talk” gathering for the family and friends of people who struggle with addictions.This will be a time to connect, get better informed and be encouraged. The gathering starts at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 at North. For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) program starts up again on September 25th, and the leaders are already meeting and getting ready for another great year.This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. There are daytime and evening groups, as well as groups for Moms of older children and Teen Moms. If you want information on how to be involved contact Pastor Gloria (email@example.com) or Pastor Marsha (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Group Life: Bible Quizzing– The information meeting for our renewed Bible Quizzing program was a great success… eight of your teens signed up to be part of this year’s quiz team! It’s never too late for others to join in. For more information you can email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Mark 9:41 – Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward. (Read Mark 9:1-50)
Here’s the takeaway for me from this verse – no act of service is too small in God’s eyes, when it’s done out of the love of and the love for Jesus. You can be sure that God knows every small thing you do for Him and will reward it one day. Don’t be discouraged if you ever think you’re not doing “enough” – just do what you can in love.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.