- Moms in Prayer/Prayer for Schools– As the new school year gets underway we want to take a moment to pray for students and teachers and other school personnel – that God will protect, lead and speak into their lives this year. We are going to do that in our services this weekend. Also, please know that throughout the school year we have a group that meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 6:30pm to pray for the schools. Moms in Prayer meets at North in Room #6 and you are welcome to join them.
- Thank You Pastor Gloria!– Pastor Gloria has served Northgate faithfully and well for 12 years. Many of you have been the happy beneficiaries of her good ministry and gifts. Gloria is now moving into semi-retirement, which means she will continue as the Lead Pastor at Arbor House, but will hand other responsibilities over to other staff. We want to celebrate and thank Gloria for her good service and are planning to do that with cake and fellowship this Sunday, September 15 after the second service in the North Café. Hope to see you there!
- “Not So Newlywed Night”– Our first sermon series this fall is called “It’s Complicated” and is focused on relationships of all kinds, including marriage. Just for fun on Friday, September 27 at 6:30pm at North we’re going to have a “Not So Newlywed” game night and put some staff couples “on the spot”! This is a great opportunity to invite some friends to a fun night at Northgate and we hope you’ll do just that!
- FED Talk on Addictions– Arbor House is resuming their FED Talk series beginning Thursday, 9/19 at 6pm. This month’s talk will be on the topic of “Addictions.” Everyone is welcome to attend these nights which focus on “Food, Exploration and Dialogue.” A light meal is provided before the exploration and dialogue and it all takes place at our South Campus (Arbor House) at 350 Bank St.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group is Studying Romans– The Bible study group led by Pastor Vern meets on Mondays at 6:30pm. We’re reading and discussing the book of Romans and everyone is welcome to join in. We meet in Room #2 at North. For more information you can contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- GriefShare and DivorceCare Groups– This Fall’s sessions of GriefShare and DivorceCare are beginning to meet. Grief Share meets on Tuesdays at 6pm and Divorce Care starts on Saturday, September 14 at 6pm. Both groups meet at Northgate/North and are open to anyone who desires help in these areas. For more information contact John Chadwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BASE & Young Adult Events– Middle School BASE meets Wednesdays at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. A young adult group (post high school) will begin meeting 9/18 (Wednesdays) at 8:30pm. All of these are at South. Also, a Young Adult Book Club (Ember) meets at Batavia’s Original Pizzeria on Sundays at 8:30pm starting 9/22. And – there is going to be a BASE Camping event the weekend of 9/27. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- ALSO! – Please know that there are groups for Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers that meet on Sundays at 11am. Middle School kids meet in Room 2/3 and High School kids meet in the Office. Some adult groups also meet on Sunday morning.
- Serving Our Community– If you’re looking to serve in the community the YWCA has need of people to do childcare for their Domestic Violence program and the YMCA needs volunteers for their afterschool program. Please contact those agencies to learn more.
- Financial Peace– The next session of Financial Peace gets underway on Wednesday, September 25. For more information on this life-changing program contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org or register at northgatefmc.com.
- Two Upcoming Classes To Be Aware Of – Northgate 101 will begin to meet on Sunday, September 29 at 9:30am in Room #1. This will meet for 3 weeks and is open to all but is required of those who want to become members of Northgate. You can register for this class on the Northgate website (northgatefmc.com).
And on Sunday, October 6 at 6pm Pastor Vern will lead a class focused on sharing our faith. This will meet for four weeks in Room 2 at North and you can sign up at the Information Desk or by emailing Vern at email@example.com or registering at northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 16:13 – “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” – (Read Luke 16:1-31)
We have to choose. Jesus says it is impossible to be faithful to two “masters.” If we try we will find ourselves caught between them – and having to choose which one is really “master.” The bind that puts us in will cause us to turn our backs on (hate or despise) one or the other. Money is necessary and useful and allows us to meet our needs, enjoy nice things, help others and serve God, but money makes a terrible god. Choose to let Jesus be the Lord of your life and He will help you keep money, and everything else, in its proper place.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.