- 2018 Northern Europe Prayer Journey – You are invited to be part of a Prayer Journey, April 25 – May 8, 2018. Meet our European Free Methodist missionaries and churches, and explore the major cities of the northern region of central Europe – London, Paris, Brussels, Oostende, Bruges, Budapest and Gyor. Share the company of Yvonne and Bishop Roller, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce, Larry Winkles and Gerry McNamara. Europe is in desperate need of the gospel, and this will be an opportunity to learn more about that, and discover what God would have us do. For more information, you can contact Pastor Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Journey Bible Study has started up again, on Wednesdays@7PM in A2 (North). The group meets weekly and is open to all women who desire to learn, grow in their walk with God, pray and fellowship with each other. The initial study will be Pricilla Shirer’s “Discerning the Voice Of God.” Please contact Cricket Johnson-Seward at email@example.com or call/text 585 815 5356.
- There’s a Place for the Men Too – Hey Guys, Mike Marsh has begun a weekly men’s group, on Wednesdays at 7:00pm, here at the church in Meeting Room 1. All men are invited to join this small group. For more information on that, you can contact Pastor Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mike’s a terrific guy with a great heart for God – come meet him!
- Missions Meeting – The next meeting of the Northgate Missions Team will be on Sunday, October 22nd, at 12:30pm (Room A2 at North). Anyone interested in being part of this Team is welcome to attend. Attendance doesn’t mean signing up to go on a short-term mission trip – this team’s focus is on how Northgate can advance our world mission awareness and activities. Your input is needed! For more information, contact Julie Worthington (email@example.com) or Pastor Vern.
- Announcing our new “Next Generation Director” – We are super excited to announce that Dan Calkins will be joining our Team starting October 22nd. Dan will be overseeing our work with Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers, as well as Young Adults. Dan is a Local Ministerial Candidate as well, meaning that he is exploring a call to become an ordained pastor, and is planning to begin seminary in January. Dan is married to Deanna and they have one child, Ezra and among Dan’s passions are hockey, studying and board games of all kinds. Please pray for Dan and if you want to partner with him in this ministry or encourage him, send him a note at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Primetimers is Meeting Again! – The Primetimers lunch group (for those 55+) begins their year of monthly get-togethers on Thursday, October 12th at 12:00pm in the North Campus Café. New attendees are always welcome. This is potluck, so bring something to share, and plan to enjoy some good fellowship, a short program and some great food!
- Recap on Set Free Conference – Northgate and Warsaw’s Valley Chapel church sponsored a Set Free Conference at our North campus on 9/23. We heard from Kevin Austin, the FM Church Set Free Director, Ildiko Kober, Set Free Coordinator in Hungary, and several others who are working to end human trafficking and to rescue those who have been ensnared in it. Please continue to pray for an end to this modern tragedy.
- Membership Class – There’s still time to sign up for the Membership Class to be held during the 11am service on October 15, 22 and 29 (It’s a 3 week class). This is required for anyone who wants to become a member, and is open to anyone who just wants to learn about Northgate and the Free Methodist Church, without committing to membership. Please sign up through the Northgate App or at the Information Desk. For more information, contact Pastor Vern (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monday Nights at North – Want some help understanding the Bible? Join me, Pastor Vern, and a small group of people who are currently reading through the New Testament. We meet Monday nights at 6:30pm in the Café at North, and this coming Monday we’ll be looking at the book of Ephesians. People are always welcome!
- Looking for a Small Group – Fall is when our small group ministries kick off once again. Some meet at the church, and some in homes. If you are looking for a place to meet people and grow in your relationship with Jesus, contact Pastor Greg (email@example.com) and let him help you get connected!
You Can Count on This – Matthew 12:35 – The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him. (Read Matthew 12:22-37)
Are we born good, or evil? I heard a newscaster say she believed everyone is basically good. The Bible teaches that we were created perfect but that perfection got stained by sin and now, while we still have the capacity for some good, we fight sinful tendencies. Jesus came to restore to us the power to really live as good people, and by faith in him we can really become good, and bring good into this world.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.