- Get More Comfortable Sharing Your Faith – Christians often struggle to share their faith. If you’d like to grow in this area, Pastor Vern is offering a class on Sunday nights in October called “Three Circles.” This class will focus on one method for talking about our faith that might help you to feel more comfortable doing that. The class meets at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 and you can sign up for it at the Information Desk, at our website (northgatefmc.com) or by contacting Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connections Board – Looking for a group to attend, or a place to serve at Northgate? Check out our new Connections Board in the lobby (to the left of the main sanctuary doors). You’ll find over 20 group opportunities open to all and half a dozen service opportunities, with the information you need to get started.
- Baptisms and Dedications – If you are interested in having a child dedicated or baptized, or in being baptized yourself, please know that we will be having another “This Changes Everything” weekend on 10/19-20. To talk to a pastor about this please indicate your interest on a Welcome Card (found in the seats in the sanctuary) or sign up in the Next Steps section of the APP or at northgate fmc.com. Thanks!
- New To Northgate Group – Maybe you’re brand new to Northgate, or maybe you’ve been coming a while but you still have some questions. We’re launching a new group to help people get the answers! This group will meet on Sundays at 9:30am in Meeting Room #1 beginning on October 20th and will cover topics like: Understanding Church Language; Communion and Baptism in the Free Methodist Church; Where Northgate Stands on Important Social Issues; An Introduction to the Bible”; and other questions that come up in the group. If you’re interested you can just show up or let Pastor Marsha know – email@example.com.
- Leadership Academy – Interested in growing as a leader? Consider the Northgate Leadership Academy. This eight-month class will meet once a month beginning Tuesday, October 15. We’ll read a book on leadership and discuss and apply the principles in our own lives. Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. There is no cost to join the class and books will be provided for the students.
- Prime Timers Gathering Next Week – The Prime Timers is a group including senior citizens who join together to share common interests, serve our church and community, and support each other in our Christian walk. They meet the second Thursday of each month in the café at North Campus for a potluck meal and program at Noon. The next gathering is on October 10.
- BASE & Young Adult Events – Middle School BASE meets on Wednesdays at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. A Young Adult group (post high-school) meets on Wednesdays at 8:30pm. All of these are at South. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- Also check out the Adult groups meeting on Sunday at 8:30, 9:30 and 11am.
- Great Day of Giving Organizations for 2019 – The places we will be blessing with this year’s Great Day of Giving offering have been chosen. They are the Set Free Movement, Crossroads House and Habitat for Humanity. We will be receiving this offering on November 23 and 24 during our regular services. This is one of the rare offerings we receive in addition to our regular offering, and it’s always a huge honor to be able to bless others who are doing good work with people in our community and elsewhere. Thank you for participating!
- FED Talk on Two Years After “Me Too” – The next FED Talk at Arbor House is on Thursday, 10/17 at 6pm. This month’s talk will be on the topic of the “Me Too” movement and what has changed since this began. Everyone is welcome to attend these nights that focus on “Food, Exploration and Dialogue.” A light meal is provided before the exploration and dialogue and it all takes place at our South Campus (Arbor House) at 350 Bank St.
- Find Out What’s Going On – Want to keep up to date on what’s going on at Northgate? There are several ways you can do that! Download our app, visit us at northgatefmc.com and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! And if you don’t receive Pastor Vern’s Top Ten by email and want to, let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sign you up!
You Can Count on This – Luke 19:25 – Sir, they said, he already has ten! – (Read Luke 19:1-27)
The parable Jesus tells in this section of scripture is about being faithful with what he gives us, and about accepting Jesus as our king. In the parable one servant uses the resources he’s been given and multiplies the value 10 times. Jesus rewards him with 10 cities, and later gives him the “mina” that another servant failed to put to work. Observers of this seem to think it’s unfair that someone who has a lot would get even more. But think about it. He has a lot because he was faithful to use what he was given. And he’s rewarded with more because of his faithfulness. Besides, God can choose to bless whomever He wants. And, we’re called to “rejoice with those who rejoice” – not be upset when good things come to others.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.