- Volunteer Appreciation Night – Tuesday, November 21st from 6-8pm we are inviting anyone who volunteers or serves at Northgate in any capacity to come to the Café at North for some Staff-prepared food, fellowship and fun. This is a “come and go as you need to” event, but we hope you’ll stay for at least a little while and get to know some new friends, and catch up with others, while being appreciated by the Staff for all you do. Northgate is a healthy and strong church because of you, our volunteers, and we want to say “Thank you!”
- Operation Christmas Child – OCC boxes are available this weekend and will need to be returned by November 19th. If you’ve participated before, you know how easy it is to see that a child is blessed by a box of gifts and the message of the gospel.
- Great Day of Giving – This year 1/3 of this offering will be given to Hope Haven (an inpatient alcohol/drug treatment program at the St. Jerome building), Men’s Warehouse (a men’s and children’s ministry led by our own Jon Andre and others) and Mercy Flight (did you know several of our Northgaters have been served personally by Mercy Flight?). Another 1/3 will go to a capital project, and the final 1/3 to World Missions. We’ll receive this offering the weekend of 11/18 and 11/19. Please pray about how God would want you to participate.
- Thanksgiving Bags – The Saturday before Thanksgiving a small team of Northgaters deliver bags to migrant families, containing everything needed for a Thanksgiving meal. If you‘d like to help with this act of love, you can donate toward the cost of a complete bag ($30) by indicating on the envelope or check “Thanksgiving Bag.” If you want to help assemble or deliver, please contact our church administrative assistant (Allison@northgatefmc.com).
- This Changes Everything – The weekend of November 4th/5th we will be baptizing in all three services at North. Quite a few have already signed up, but it’s not too late for you to sign up as well! Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sign up through the Northgate APP or at the Information Desk if you want to be baptized, or have a child baptized or dedicated.
- How to Help the People of Puerto Rico – From Bishop Roller… A great way to provide direct aid is to purchase Walmart or Walgreens gift cards and send them to Puerto Rico Hurricane Recovery, 770 N. High School Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46214. Or contributions can be made through the Bishops Crisis Response Fund (include “Puerto Rico” in the Comments box).
- BASE – BASE is our Wednesday night program for 5th through 12th grade kids and meets at the South Campus at 6:30pm every other week. The next gathering is on Wednesday, November 8th. This year’s BASE is off to a really good start and we’d love to see more people get involved. For more information on BASE or our other opportunities for youth you can contact our Next Generation Director, Daniel Calkins at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Know Someone Who’s Looking for a Home? – Habitat for Humanity is one of the largest homebuilders in the U.S. Our local, Genesee County chapter is very active with many Northgaters participating. Right now, Genesee County Habitat is looking to expand its list of future homeowners. If you or someone you know is interested, and want to know if you or they qualify, you contact Habitat at email@example.com
- Save the Date – You might want to make a note on your calendar (paper or digital) to save Friday night, December 1st for a Christmas Concert at Northgate North with Brothers McClurg and special guest speaker Mark Buchanan. Mark is a well-published Christian author and he will be spending the weekend with us. The concert begins at 7pm, but we’re planning some special things for before the concert too. Stay tuned!
- (Recently Ephaste visited our partner village, Gahanda, Rwanda. This is what he experienced and wanted us to know…)
Dear Friends… (When I arrived) all the teachers were about to cry because of joy. (This was because) the bonus ICCM gives to the teachers enables them to have daily lunch that they couldn’t afford before the partnership. (The teachers said…)
We… extend our thanks to ICCM, Northgate and to our FMC. We had been hungry for many years because with our little pay we couldn’t afford lunch. But today, we are satisfied. We are no longer worried about food. We drink milk because of the cow we received from Northgate. We have a big store of rice, beans, sugar and other purchased types of food. Hence, we can teach happily. Many of our friends teaching in our neighbouring schools want to come at Gahanda, the school that had been neglected several years!
The teachers started singing and dancing expressing their joy and recognition. It was difficult for me to have something to say as appropriate word to thank them for their humility, gratitude and love! This group of teachers amazed me. Later I thanked them for their thanking heart and announced them about the official visit of Pastor Vern, Pastor John and their wives in March. This good news was highly welcomed. In a couple weeks, they are starting Christmas holidays with joy and thanks. I visited later the children in classrooms! How happy they are for the desks and uniforms!! With love and greetings, Ephaste
You Can Count on This – Proverbs 11:25 – A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.