1. Baptisms and Dedications – If you are interested in having a child dedicated or baptized, or in being baptized yourself, please know that we will be having another “This Changes Everything” weekend on 10/19-20. To talk to a pastor about this please indicate your interest on a Welcome Card (found in the seats in the sanctuary) or sign up in the Next Steps section of the APP or at northgatefmc.com. Thanks!
2. Get More Comfortable Sharing Your Faith – Christians often struggle to share their faith. If you’d like to grow in this area, Pastor Vern is offering a class on Sunday nights in October called “Three Circles.” This class will focus on one method for talking about our faith that might help you to feel more comfortable doing that. The class meets at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 and you can sign up for it at the Information Desk, at our website (northgatefmc.com) or by contacting Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
3. Connections Board – Looking for a group to attend, or a place to serve at Northgate? Check out our new Connections Board in the lobby (to the left of the main sanctuary doors). You’ll find over 20 group opportunities open to all and half a dozen service opportunities, with the information you need to get started.
4. New To Northgate Group – Maybe you’re brand new to Northgate, or maybe you’ve been coming a while but you still have some questions. We’re launching a new group to help people get the answers! This group will meet on Sundays at 9:30am in Meeting Room #1 beginning on October 20th and will cover topics like: Understanding Church Language; Communion and Baptism in the Free Methodist Church; Where Northgate Stands on Important Social Issues; An Introduction to the Bible”; and other questions that come up in the group. If you’re interested you can just show up or let Pastor Marsha know – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Thank You! – Thank you for sharing your responses on the response cards last weekend. We got back a great percentage of them and this will help us as we plan our ministry. We learned, for example, that we need to do some work on helping our congregation to pray for the salvation of others and for opportunities to share their faith. We also learned that 5 people began their relationship with Jesus this year and 24 people recommitted their lives to Jesus this year! That’s awesome, and something we hope to see more and more of!
6. Missions Lunch – You’re invited to the Missions Luncheon on Sunday, November 3rd after the second service. We’ll provide a light lunch and an opportunity to hear from members of Northgate who have done missions work overseas this year. That will include the Puerto Rico team, the Rwanda Teachers’ Team, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce (Europe) and Jan and Bret Shetler (China).
7. BASE & Young Adult Events – Middle School BASE meets on Wednesdays at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. A Young Adult group (post high-school) meets on Wednesdays at 8:30pm. All of these are at South. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- Also check out the Adult groups meeting on Sunday at 8:30, 9:30 and 11am.
8. Great Day of Giving Organizations for 2019 – The places we will be blessing with this year’s Great Day of Giving offering have been chosen. They are the Set Free Movement, Crossroads House and Habitat for Humanity. We will be receiving this offering on November 23 and 24 during our regular services. This is one of the rare offerings we receive in addition to our regular offering, and it’s always a huge honor to be able to bless others who are doing good work with people in our community and elsewhere. Thank you for participating!
9. FED Talk on Two Years After “Me Too” – The next FED Talk at Arbor House is on Thursday, 10/17 at 6pm. This month’s talk will be on the topic of the “Me Too” movement and what has changed since this began. Everyone is welcome to attend these nights that focus on “Food, Exploration and Dialogue.” A light meal is provided before the exploration and dialogue and it all takes place at our South Campus (Arbor House) at 350 Bank St.
10. Find Out What’s Going On – Want to keep up to date on what’s going on at Northgate? There are several ways you can do that! Download our app, visit us at northgatefmc.com and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! And if you don’t receive Pastor Vern’s Top Ten by email and want to, let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sign you up!
You Can Count on This – Luke 19:33-34 – As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, “Why are you untying the colt?” They replied, “The Lord needs it.” – (Read Luke 19:28-48)
What do you have that the Lord might like to use? Jesus needed to use this colt, so he sent his disciples to get it. The owner naturally asked why they were untying it, but after the disciples said, “The Lord needs it” he apparently said nothing more, being happy, perhaps, to let him use it! That’s the attitude I’ve long sought to have myself – that if Jesus needs to use something I have, for his purposes, I will be glad to let him have it. After all, everything I have has come from him and I’ve been blessed to use it myself. If he needs it for some greater purpose, I hope to be as generous as they owner of the colt. Most of the time I think what Jesus asks to use in my life is my time, my gifts and my love. Lord, help me to freely release these to you for your use, whenever you ask.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.