- Worship Life: Vintage Christmas Celebration– We’re planning a special Advent celebration for Saturday, December 8thfrom 5-8pm. Everyone is invited to this special Saturday night service, which will include food, carols, a Christmas tree lighting, hayride and a message. Let’s join together in welcoming in the Christmas season, and our celebration of Jesus’ birth!
- Group Life: 40 Days of Community– Pastor Marsha is seeking some people willing to host a small group in January, or be a small group leader for our “Woven: 40 Days of Community” series. Informational meetings will be held Tuesday, Dec. 4that 6pm in the Northgate Café, and Sunday, Dec. 9th at 11 a.m. in Meeting Room 4. Please attend one of these meetings if you are interested in leading a Woven small group for 6 sessions starting the week of Jan. 9th. Contact Pastor Marsha with questions: email@example.com or 585-343-4011.
- Mission Life: Christmas Giving– These giving opportunities last until December 9th…
- Angel Tree Ministry– Tags with the children’s wishes will be available Nov. 25thand Dec. 2ndon the Angel Tree at both campuses!
- Virtual Christmas Gift Box – (A Free Methodist ministry in Bulgaria). Learn more about this at http://virtualchristmasgiftbox.com/ or stop by the Information Desk. This program is a simple way to help our FM missionaries spread the gospel in Bulgaria. Learn more about our work in Bulgaria here: http://fmcusa.org/fmmissions/bulgaria/
- Community Life: FED Talks at Arbor House– Next Week’s FED Talk at Arbor House is Thursday, 12/6 at 6pm. Come on out for a simple meal and a talk by Weston Skaggs on “Creativity and Worship.” For more information contact Pastor Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Life: “Weekend to Remember”– Family Life is offering a “Weekend to Remember” from March 29th– 31stat the Buffalo Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a retreat for married couples and a time to “escape the distractions of life and focus on their relationship.” If you go to weekendtoremember.com or call 1-800-358-6329 to register, mention that you are registering under “Northgate Friends” and you will save $100 on the registration fee.
- Community Life: Donut Delivery– Our Christmas Eve donut delivery will kick off at 11am on 12/24. You can sign up to deliver donuts to people who have to work on Christmas Eve by going to the Information Desk.
- Group Life: Coffee Talk– The next Coffee Talk is next week Thursday, December 6that 6pm (at North – Room #1). Meetings will be the first and third Thursday of the month, and are informal gatherings designed to give family members and others who love someone with an addiction or mental illness a place for support. To learn more, contact Brandon at email@example.com or Pastor Vern (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Community Life: Women’s Journey– The Wednesday night women’s bible study has just begun an Advent Study at their 7pm gathering. The study is called “Awaiting the Already – An Advent Journey Through the Gospels” by Magrey deVega. Please contact Cricket Johnson @ 585-815-5356 or email@example.com if you’d like more information. Thanks!
- Mission Life: International Child Care Ministries– Northgate sponsors over 150 children though ICCM. In the interest of accountability you might like to know that 80% of our support money goes to help with the sponsored children’s education, development, food and clothing. 5% goes to a high school scholarship program, and 15% is used for oversight and administration.
- Community Life: Men’s Group– The Wednesday evening Men’s Group (7pm at North) is starting a study of the manhood as modeled by Jesus through “33 The Series”. For more information contact Mike Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Mark 16:4 – But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. – (Read Mark 16)
In reading this account of Mary Magdalene, Mary and Salome making their way to Jesus’ tomb after his crucifixion and burial, I stopped to think about this verse. What came to mind is this: the women expected to encounter an insurmountable obstacle in their effort to get to the body of Jesus. But when they looked up the obstacle was gone; moved out of the way by one of God’s messengers (Matthew 28:2). That made me think about the fact that God has removed the largest insurmountable obstacle that would keep us from relationship with him: our sin. He removed that obstacle when Jesus came to die for our sins. The way to Jesus now is through faith, and the only thing that can stop us from being with him is our own refusal to enter in.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.