- Community Life: New Northgate Website– Check out our new Northgate website at northgatefmc.com. Thank you, Justin Reynolds, for making this happen!
- Mission Life: Great Day of Giving– Please remember our Great Day of Giving offering:November 17thand 18th. This year portions of that offering will go to the YWCAto support their work with women; the Genesee County Victims Advocacy Center(they have been very helpful to the members of our church who were victims of a crime this summer) and to an Immigration Law Clinic at New Hope FM Church in Rochester.
- Youth Life: High School BASE– Beginning November 7thHS Base will meet on Wednesdays at South from 6-8:30pm. This is the same time as Middle School BASE, making things easier for families, but the groups will operate in separate spaces with different leaders and programs. For more information contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- Mission Life: Christmas Giving– Here are some ways to share and give this Christmas.
- Fill a shoebox– While we are not holding an Operation Christmas Childcampaign here at Northgate this year, you can still participate. Our office manager, Allison, can let you know where boxes can be taken and when. And if you need a shoebox, just ask!
- Take part in the Angel Tree Northgate will be helping the Salvation Army provide Christmas gifts to 125-150 children who range from Newborn to 15 years old. Tags with the children’s wishes will be available Nov. 25thand Dec. 2ndon the Angel Tree at both campuses! Our collection dates will be Dec. 2nd and Dec. 9th.
- Provide gifts for our Free Methodist children in Bulgaria. Our FM church in Bulgaria has invited us to participate in their “Virtual Christmas Gift Box” program. You can learn more about it here http://virtualchristmasgiftbox.com/ and there is information at the Information Desk. This program is a simple way to help our FM missionaries spread the gospel in Bulgaria. We make a financial donation and they take it from there. You can learn more about our work in Bulgaria here: http://fmcusa.org/fmmissions/bulgaria/
- Group Life: Coffee Talk 2– Our first Coffee Talk was a positive and promising start, and we want to keep building on the momentum. Pastor Vern will host the next Coffee Talk on November 6that 6pm (at North). These informal gatherings are designed to give family members and others who love someone with an addiction or mental illness a place to safely talk about and learn about what that’s like. The goal is to provide support but also to generate ideas about how we can help people living in these situations. For more information, contact Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org Pastor Vern (email@example.com).
- Mission Life: SEED Table Coming– Every year we have a SEED table set up before Christmas so that people can purchase items to give as gifts. People who are part of churches where we have FM missionaries serving make these items. This year the SEED table will be set up the weekend of December 8thand 9that both campuses.
- Serving Life: Thanksgiving Baskets– Every year Rosalina organizes a group to pack and distribute to area migrant families a thanksgiving basket containing everything needed to put on a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and an invitation to know Jesus and to worship with us at Northgate.This is a way for us to say “thank you” to people who work hard to provide much of the food we enjoy. If you want to be part of this you can give toward the baskets ($30) or seek out Rosalina to help pack or distribute them (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Community Life: Israel Trip– Would you be like to visit Israel in 2019 or 2020?I mentioned this to some people and received an enthusiastic “yes!” so I’m starting to keep a list and when the list is long enough we’ll have an information meeting to talk about it more. If you want to be on that list, please let me know at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Community Life: it’s Prime Time!– Thursday, November 8this the next Prime Timers gathering. Bring a simple dish to the North Campus and join us at Noon!
- Community Life: Crossroads House Memorial Service– Friday, November 9thPastor Chris will be leading a service for Crossroads House. This is a service of remembrance for those who have had loved ones stay at Crossroads. Please keep this service and Pastor Chris in prayer, and pray for all who’ve suffered the loss of someone they love this year.
- Community Life: “Come Alive Women’s Ministry”– The women of Northgate (and their friends) are invited to mark calendars for a craft night, Thursday, November 29th. For more information contact the office at 343-4011 or Allison@northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – Mark 15:15 – ”Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them.” – (Read Mark 15:1- 20)
We are to live according to our beliefs and values, having them informed by what God calls just and right and good. Pilate wanted to “keep the peace at all costs” and to make people happy regardless of what is right or just, and so he let them crucify Jesus, though Jesus was innocent of all charges. Let’s be people of integrity, even if it costs us the love of the crowd.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.