- Mommy & Me Paint Night– The Come Alive Women’s Ministry is holding a paint night at South Campus tomorrow night (Friday, May 10) at 6pm. This event is open to all women and you can get more information on it by contacting Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Up of College BASE – Pastor Daniel is starting a new thing: a gathering for college students and other young adults that attend Northgate or live in the area. This will be called “Ember” and it begins May 19. If you are interested in attending, or would like to help to brainstorm and create ministry that would effectively engage this group of people please contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com
- Congratulations and Thank you– Congratulations to those who were elected to serve our church on the Administrative & Nominating Teams. Nate Varland, Kendra Lamb and Charley Canon were elected to the A-Team. Nate was also elected a Delegate. Justine McMillian was elected as a Reserve Delegate. Mike Marsh and Steve Wells were elected to the Nominating Team. Also, a huge thank you to those who weren’t elected, but were willing to serve and were on the ballot. We’re blessed with many good leaders at Northgate!
- Parents – Come Check Out BASE!– Parents with kids in grades 5–8 are invited to come to the South Campus on Wednesday May 22 to check out what BASE is all about. Pastor Daniel, our Next Generation pastor, will be there to show you how things go and to answer any questions. You’ll also have a chance to participate in some games and activities with your kids! Everything begins at 6pm. For more information contact Pastor Daniel firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Appreciation Night– On Tuesday, June 4 from 6-8pm the staff of Northgate will be hosting an open house for all of you who volunteer your time to serve God at the church.Whether you’ve rocked babies in the Nursery once a month or so, or teach young teens every week, or come out for special things like the workday we held this past week, if you volunteer in any capacity at Northgate please come let us thank you for doing your part to make Northgate a wonderful church. The staff will provide the food – we just need you to come enjoy it! It is an open house format, so come any time between 6 and 8pm and stay as long as you like.
- Marriage Conference – May 31– We’re holding a video-based marriage conference here at North on Friday, May 31, beginning at 6:30pm. The conference features Francis & Lisa Chan, Les & Leslie Parrott and comedian Michael Jr. The cost is $15 per person for the night. (Scholarships are available for this.) For more information contact Pastor Gloria at email@example.com
- Jonas Woods Concert– The weekend of June 1&2 Jonas Woods will be here to lead worship, and on the night of Sunday, June 2 he will perform in a concert at Northgate/North.Jonas is a friend of our worship leader, Anthony Hoisington, and we’re excited to have him come! The concert is free, but with the possibility of filling the church for this concert we would like to know if you plan to attend. You can get a free ticket through the Northgate Facebook page or contact the church office (343-4011). And to check out Jonas you can go to his website at https://www.jonaswoods.net
- Help the Salvation Army Help Others– On Thursday May 23 Tully’s will be donating 10% of the revenue from all food sales (dine in or take out) to the Salvation Army, as long as the patron presents a printed coupon. Coupons are available at the Information Desk.
- Pastor Marsha’s Zoom Bible Study– This live, on-line Bible study has moved from Wednesdays to Mondays at noon. This is a great place to connect with others, especially if you are unable to get to the church for a group. The group meets by way of the Zoom app, and is engaged in a study called Meet the Bible. If you’d like to join in, contact Pastor Marsha for information on how to do that… firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – The Monday night discipleship group is reading through the book of James and learning what it means to be people whose faith is demonstrated through our works. Everyone is welcome to join us – we meet in Room #3 at the North campus from 6:30 to 8pm.
You Can Count on This – Luke 8:8b – When he had said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” (Read Luke 8:1-18)
I’ve always been (intrigued? amused?) by the expression Jesus uses here. He says it a couple of times in Mark and in Luke. He doesn’t say, “Whoever has ears, let them hear.” But, “Whoever has ears to hear…” I wonder how many times God has tried to communicate something to me, but my ears weren’t able to hear, because I was bent on doing things my way, or I was too preoccupied to listen, or I wasn’t in a place to be receptive to what God was saying, or my heart wasn’t prepared to listen. Lord, forgive me for those times. And continue to teach me to listen with open ears to all you have to say to me. Amen.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.