- Care Team Meeting– The Northgate Care Team is meeting at the North Campus Café on Wednesday, June 13th at 5:15 pm for a light dinner and discussion. This group prays for and serves our church family in many important and life-giving ways. New members are always welcome. If you would like to learn more about this ministry opportunity, please attend. RSVP to email@example.com meal planning purposes. Thanks!
- Have a “Grace-Filled Marriage” – Engaged Couples! Pastor Vern and Pastor Gloria want to open up this upcoming series to all engaged, as well as married, couples. We didn’t realize until we received the workbook that it is appropriate for both groups. So, whether you are newly married, long-time married, or about to be married, you are invited to join us startingSunday, June 3rdfrom 6pm – 7:15pm. Childcare will be provided. (Note: We’ll skip June 10thso everyone can attend “Celebrate the Sent” – see #7). Please sign up via the Connect Cards or at the Information Desk and for more information contact pastors Vern or Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com)
- “Celebrate the Sent”– On June 10th, from 6-8pmwe will hold a gallery showing of Mark Logan’s photos from Rwanda, along with a time of sharing from Northgaters who have gone on missions trips this year. Desserts will be available as well. This will be a wonderful time of celebrating the good things God is doing through us and we hope you’ll be able to come.
- Mothers of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS)– One of the wonderful ministries of Northgate is our MOPS program, which includes MOPS, Moms Next, Moppets and Teen MOPS. We have a stellar team of leaders and volunteers who work very hard to make this a quality experience for all. Thank you! MOPS has completed their program year for now, but will be back in the Fall. We’ll be sure to let you know when that time comes.
- Prime Timers– The last Prime Timers gathering of the spring will be held on June 14that noon in the North Campus café. Instead of the traditional pot luck the menu will consist of salads and pizza. This group is specifically for people over 55, so if you are, you’re invited!
- Ice Cream Social– We are inviting everyone to enjoy some ice cream on us on June 16thor 17thafter each service. On Saturday night we’ll dish out the ice cream and on Sunday we’ll be getting it from LuGia’s ice cream truck. Services that weekend will be a little abbreviated so we can have some fellowship time together and celebrate our dads, grads and the start of the summer. Hope you can join us!
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m.The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus and then heads out to various community locations to pray. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. This will give us a chance to talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- Caregivers Connection– If you are a caregiver, you know that no matter how rewarding it is to care for a loved one, at times you may become frustrated or discouraged. If you would like to meet with other caregivers to share coping skills and receive encouragement, please call Susan Wakefield at 585-297-0466.
- Last Day of Bible Trek is June 17th– Thank you to all of the volunteers and leaders who have served throughout the year in Bible Trek. Ministry to our kids is one of the most important things we do. We appreciate all of you! And thank you especially to Justine McMillan who is finishing her time of leadership (and getting very close to the birth of her baby!). You were an outstanding leader and will be missed. Finally, thank you to Katie Zimmermanwho will be assuming leadership in Bible Trek and to Courtney Marshwho will be taking Katie’s place as the Toddler Room Director. We have such great people here! Blessings to all!
You Can Count on This – Matt. 25:40 – The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ (Read Matt. 25:1-46)
I was sitting with one of our parishioners this morning and he was telling me how he had been asked by another of our people (a Cancer Support person) to help out a church family with some things they could not do for themselves. I wish I could convey to how moved I was in my heart as he talked about what he did and the blessing it was for him, and how years ago when he was in a similar spot someone did the same things for him. He didn’t know Christ then, but he does now and he sees how God was using people (and other things) to bring him to a relationship with Jesus. I think about that as I read these words from Jesus, encouraging us to look out for one another, to love on people and to do good in this world. If we will follow Jesus in that, we can trust him to notice and to bless those we do good for, and us as well.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.