- Volunteer Appreciation Night– On Tuesday, June 4, from 6-8pm the staff of Northgate will be hosting an open house for all of you who volunteer your time to serve God at the church.Whether you’ve rocked babies in the Nursery once a month or so, or teach young teens every week, or come out for special things like the workday we held this past week, if you volunteer in any capacity at Northgate please come let us thank you for doing your part to make Northgate a wonderful church. The staff will provide the food – we just need you to come enjoy it! It is an open house format, come any time and stay as long as you like.
- Jonas Woods Concert– This weekend Jonas Woods will be here to lead worship, and on Sunday night he will perform in a concert at Northgate/North.Jonas is a friend of our worship leader, Anthony Hoisington, and we’re excited to have him come! The concert is free, but with the possibility of filling the church for this concert we would like to know if you plan to attend. You can get a free ticket through the Northgate Facebook page or contact the church office (343-4011). And to check out Jonas you can go to his website at https://www.jonaswoods.net
- EMBER– Our newgroup for adults age 18-25 is going strong! Pastor Daniel is inviting everyone in this age group to get togetherat our South campus to discuss modern day issues relevant to this generation. If you come, you can expect an informal approach meant to help you relax, enjoy games, food and community all while growing in your faith. Ember is meeting every Sunday night from 8-9:30pm, so come check it out and you can get more information on our Northgate social media or feel free to contact Pastor Dan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Ministry Volunteer Opportunities– Thank you to all who have responded to this invitation to serve in our children’s ministries. And if you have been attending Northgate for more than six months, we’d love to have you speak with us about volunteering in the Nursery, Toddler or Pre-School rooms for one service a month.
- Serve as a coach in Bible Trek for one hour a week during either Sunday service.
- Work at the Check-In Desk for one or both services once a month.
Please contact Pastor John (email@example.com) for more information.
- Bible Quizzers–Please keep our Bible Quizzers and Pastor Marsha in prayer as they compete in the Conference Quiz tournament this weekend.The group will be staying at Covenant Acres and quizzing at Valley Chapel in Warsaw. Thank you to Pastor Marsha and Pastor Daniel for their leading of this excellent ministry, and to the quizzers who are part of it!
- Blood Drive at South Campus– The Red Cross will be holding a blood drive at our South Campus (350 Bank St.) building on Thursday, June 6. If you can make the time, consider giving blood – it’s always needed and can make a real difference in someone’s life.
- Summer Financial Peace University Session– The summer session of FPU will begin on Monday, July 1 at 6:30pm. If you’ve ever wanted to get your finances in order, or to reassure yourself that you are handling them in a God-honoring way, consider signing up for FPU. You can register on our website (northgatefmc.com) or through the events section on our app.
- Worship Night in June– Anthony and the praise team will be holding another night of worship, on June 21 at 7pm at our North Campus. Everyone is invited to come out and join in on an evening of singing and praise God for all that He is!
- Garage Sale for Missions– One of our Sunday small groups is going to host a garage sale in our South Campus gym on June 21 and 22. This garage sale is being done to raise funds for local agencies serving people and our global missions effort. They will be accepting donations of “gently used” items the week before the sale at South. More details on that will be coming.
- Ice Cream Social– We will be holding another ice cream social after our services on Saturday June 22 and Sunday June 23. On Saturday we provide the ice cream, and on Sunday we will have an ice cream truck here, as we did last year. This is a great weekend to invite someone to join you at church!
You Can Count on This – Luke 9:45 – When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?” (Read Luke 9:44-62)
Seriously?! And these are the followers of Jesus! At this point they had a lot to learn about what it means to follow Jesus. Jesus didn’t want them to ask God to destroy those who didn’t welcome him. Instead he had them move on to another place where people might be interested in hearing the gospel. James and John had the wrong idea about how to handle opposition and difficulty, but then, sometimes we (I) do as well. I’ve never asked God to rain fire down on anyone, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t held anger toward someone who seemed to be against me. Instead of responding in anger, though, I think Jesus wants us to “love our enemies and pray for them (Luke 6:27). That may be the harder road; but it’s Jesus’ road.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.