- Memorial Day– We hope you enjoy this Memorial Day weekend.As you do, please take a moment (or more) to remember those who’ve sacrificed their lives in order that we might live in freedom.
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – President Harry S. Truman
- Have a “Grace-Filled Marriage” – Engaged Couples! Pastor Vern and Pastor Gloria want to open up this upcoming series to all engaged, as well as married, couples. We didn’t realize until we received the workbook that it is appropriate for both groups. So, whether you are newly married, long-time married, or about to be married, you are invited to join us startingSunday, June 3rdfrom 6pm – 7:15pm. Childcare will be provided. (Note: We’ll skip June 10thso everyone can attend “Celebrate the Sent” – see #7). Please sign up via the Connect Cards or at the Information Desk and for more information contact pastors Vern or Gloria (firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com)
- “Celebrate the Sent”– On June 10th, from 6-8pmwe will hold a gallery showing of Mark Logan’s photos from Rwanda, along with a time of sharing from Northgaters who have gone on missions trips this year. Desserts will be available as well. This will be a wonderful time of celebrating the good things God is doing through us and we hope you’ll be able to come.
- Mothers of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS)– One of the wonderful ministries of Northgate is our MOPS program, which includes MOPS, Moms Next, Moppets and Teen MOPS. We have a stellar team of leaders and volunteers who work very hard to make this a quality experience for all. Thank you! MOPS has completed their program year for now, but will be back in the Fall. We’ll be sure to let you know when that time comes.
- Prime Timers– The last Prime Timers gathering of the spring will be held on June 14that noon in the North Campus café. Instead of the traditional pot luck the menu will consist of salads and pizza. This group is specifically for people over 55, so if you are, you’re invited!
- Ice Cream Social– We are inviting everyone to enjoy some ice cream on us on June 16thor 17thafter each service. On Saturday night we’ll dish out the ice cream and on Sunday we’ll be getting it from LuGia’s ice cream truck. Services that weekend will be a little abbreviated so we can have some fellowship time together and celebrate our dads, grads and the start of the summer. Hope you can join us!
- New A-Team and Nominating Team Members and Delegates – We recently held elections and here are the results: Bob Woodwas elected to the A-Team and also elected as a Delegate; Don Weiss and Anthony Caliwere elected as Nominating Team members; and Rick Dunn and Nathan Blowerswere elected to the A-Team. Susan Wakefieldwas elected as a Reserve Delegate. Thank you to all who agreed to nominations and thank you to everyone who voted. And “welcome” to the new members of these teams!
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. This will give us a chance to talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month– God cares about our mental health and so do we at Northgate. If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health issue, and you don’t know where to get help, please speak to one of the pastors and together we’ll pray and explore the options. There is no need to go through a difficult time alone.
- Missions News!– Because you have given so generously to our Gahanda partners we were able to send a gift to them this last week so that they could build a new school building withthree new classrooms. Thank you so much for supporting the good work there!
- We’re also beginning to gather information about helping to rehab a drug treatment program in the Ukraine as part of our European missions effort. We’ll be sharing more about this in coming weeks.
You Can Count on This – Matt. 24:44 – So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Read Matt. 24:1-51)
Jesus is coming back. That’s a truth we can count on and one that should make a difference in the way we live out each day. Jesus says we need to be ready for his return, at all times, which means, first of all, to have placed our trust in him for our salvation. If you have not yet done that, you’re not ready, so please make today the day you say to Jesus: “I know I am a sinner who deserves to be punished for my sins, but I also know you, Jesus, died to pay for my sins, and rose from the dead and you promise eternal life if I trust in you. I am choosing today to do just that: I am placing my faith in you for the forgiveness of my sins.” And if you do that today, tell someone! This is the most important day of your life.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.