- Women’s Journey – This Wednesday night Bible study group has started a 6 week study titled, ‘A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23.’ It began on May 1st, but you may join anytime. Please contact Cricket Johnson email@example.com (585) 815-5356 for more information.
- EMBER– Meeting every Sunday starting on May 19th, from 8-9:30pm at South campus, we will discuss modern day issues relevant to college age adults today. Our informal approach will help you to relax, enjoy games, food and community; all while growing in your faith. You can check out more information on our Northgate social media or feel free to contact Pastor Dan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Ministry Volunteer Opportunities – If you have been attending Northgate for more than six months, we’d like to help you find a place to serve as an expression of your faith.
In children’s ministries we invite you to consider:
- Volunteering in any of our three Early Childhood Rooms: Nursery, Toddler or Pre-School for one service a month.
- Serving as a coach in Bible Trek for one hour a week during either the 9:30 a.m or 11 a.m. services.
- Working at the Check-In Desk for one or both services once a month.
Please contact Pastor John (email@example.com) for more information.
- Parents – Come Check Out BASE!– Parents with kids in grades 5–8 are invited to come to the South Campus on Wednesday May 22 to check out what BASE is all about. Pastor Daniel, our Next Generation pastor, will be there to show you how things go and to answer any questions. You’ll also have a chance to participate in some games and activities with your kids! Everything begins at 6pm. For more information contact Pastor Daniel firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marriage Conference(Correction)– We’re holding a video-based marriage conference here at North on Friday, May 31, beginning at 5:30pm (not 6:30) with dinner. The conference features Francis & Lisa Chan, Les & Leslie Parrott and comedian Michael Jr. The cost is $15 per person for the night. (Scholarships are available for this.) For more information contact Pastor Gloria at email@example.com
- Help the Salvation Army Help Others– On Thursday May 23 Tully’s will be donating 10% of the revenue from all food sales (dine in or take out) to the Salvation Army, as long as the patron presents a printed coupon. Coupons are available at the Information Desk.
- Volunteer Appreciation Night– On Tuesday, June 4 from 6-8pm the staff of Northgate will be hosting an open house for all of you who volunteer your time to serve God at the church.Whether you’ve rocked babies in the Nursery once a month or so, or teach young teens every week, or come out for special things like the workday we held this past week, if you volunteer in any capacity at Northgate please come let us thank you for doing your part to make Northgate a wonderful church. The staff will provide the food – we just need you to come enjoy it! It is an open house format, come any time and stay as long as you like.
- Jonas Woods Concert– The weekend of June 1&2 Jonas Woods will be here to lead worship, and on the night of Sunday, June 2 he will perform in a concert at Northgate/North.Jonas is a friend of our worship leader, Anthony Hoisington, and we’re excited to have him come! The concert is free, but with the possibility of filling the church for this concert we would like to know if you plan to attend. You can get a free ticket through the Northgate Facebook page or contact the church office (343-4011). And to check out Jonas you can go to his website at https://www.jonaswoods.net
- Pastor Marsha’s Zoom Bible Study– This live, on-line Bible study has moved from Wednesdays to Mondays at noon. This is a great place to connect with others, especially if you are unable to get to the church for a group. The group meets by way of the Zoom app, and is engaged in a study called Meet the Bible. If you’d like to join in, contact Pastor Marsha for information on how to do that… firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – The Monday night discipleship group is reading through the book of James and learning what it means to be people whose faith is demonstrated through our works. Everyone is welcome to join us – we meet in Room #3 at the North campus from 6:30 to 8pm.
You Can Count on This – Luke 8:21 – “He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” (Read Luke 8:19-56)
One of the frustrating things a parent or teacher or manager, or really anyone in a guiding, teaching role, experiences, is when their child or student or employee “hears” what’s needed, but fails to act on it. I’m sure I’ve caused Jesus to shake His head numerous times when I’ve done that to Him! Why do I do that? I’ve certainly had enough experience with Jesus to know that when I listen andobey things go better for me. When I only “hear” but don’t “put into practice” they don’t. By the way, I’m glad Jesus uses the word “practice.” Because I need a lot of “practice” to follow Him the way I want to!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.