- Volunteer Spotlight – Thank you to all who teach, drive and otherwise help us to reach out to local immigrant people through our English as a Second Language program. Pastor Patti leads this up and it’s a terrific way to say we care about our neighbors. Please pray for our nation and our immigrant neighbors, as we seek to find our way to a compassionate and God-honoring way of resolving the current tensions around immigration issues, and pray for our ESL program – it’s something we can be proud of.
- Gahanda Mission Update – As a church, we are excited about our partnership in ministry with the people of Gahanda and so thankful to all of you who have reached out to sponsor a child from that village in Rwanda! Thank you!! We are going to hear all about our Team’s trip there on the weekend of April 22/23. Please try to be with us that weekend – it’s going to be a wonderful time of worship.
Also – if you were unable to sponsor a child previously because we ran out of packets, there are a few more packets available at the Information Desk.
- M.I.N.E. – That stands for “Minister’s Institute of the Northeast” – an annual coming together of pastors, leaders, superintendents and bishops. It’s a time for us to renew relationships, hear about what is going on and be inspired with the vision of the Free Methodist Church. It’s impossible to summarize here all that happened there, but you can visit our denomination website to learn more. Go here http://fmcusa.org and click on the E3 banner. What I can say is I am proud to be part of the Free Methodist Church!
- Gathering Worship Night – All High School age through Adult people are encouraged to attend a Wednesday night Gathering Event on April 19th, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the North Campus. This worship time will include singing, fellowship and a message by Pastor John. We hope you’ll plan to join in!
- Primetimers Lunch – The next Primetimers lunch will be on Thursday April 13th at noon in the North Campus Café. Everyone 50 years old or older is welcome to join in. People are invited to bring a dish to pass and the program will be by Mark Logan who is going to show pictures of the Mission Team trip to Rwanda. Mark is very passionate about our ministry there and took some incredible pictures – this will be very inspiring!
- Volunteers Needed to Help With Easter Breakfast – We could use some volunteers to help prepare and serve Easter breakfast (April 16th). Prep work is going to be done on Saturday, April 15th at 10am and servers are needed Easter morning. If you can help please sign up at the Information Desks (North and South Campuses). Thank you!
- Iron Sharpens Iron – This year’s Men’s Conference (ages 13+) is taking place at Hamburg Wesleyan Church on Saturday, April 8th from 8:30-5pm. There are 16 seminars, worship, many exhibitors and resource tables available to browse. More information is available through Steve Clemm (email@example.com) or stop at the Information Desk.
- Summit II – The Summit is what we call our annual church meeting (some of you will know this as the Society Meeting). This year the Summit will be held on Sunday, April 30th from 12:30 to 2 p.m. We will have childcare for young children and a light lunch for those who stay after service. The Summit II will be an opportunity to hear about what’s been happening at Northgate, and our vision going forward. We’ll also be holding a short election for Nominating Team members and our Delegate. Last year’s Summit was a wonderful experience and we’re looking forward to another great event this year.
- Seder at Arbor House – Everyone is welcome to come to Arbor House (at our South Campus site) for a Seder meal on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30 p.m. The Seder remembers the night of the Passover and reminds us of Jesus at the Last Supper and how his journey to the cross delivers us. If you’ve never attended a Seder, this would be a wonderful experience for you. Please sign up at the Information Desk at North or South.
- Holy Week Schedule – A special “Journey to the Cross” event will take place at the North Campus starting at 6:00pm on Maundy Thursday (April 13th). This is a “come and go at your pace” event. Easter weekend, we’ll have our regular Saturday night service (6 p.m.), and on Easter Sunday we’ll have a Sunrise service in the Pavilion at North (6:15 a.m.), Daybreak service at Arbor House (7:30 a.m.) followed by breakfast, and 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. services at North. Please plan to join us in celebrating Jesus’ resurrection!
You Can Count on This – And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. Matthew 6:5
Imagine beginning a conversation with your spouse or child by taking them out on a busy street corner and shouting so that everyone will see you and hear you talking with them. What’s the point of that! If you need to talk to them, you talk to them. Not to get some kind of credit from people who might see you on that corner and think, “Wow, what a great parent (or spouse). See how they talk with their child (or spouse”). When you talk with God, just talk with God! He’d love to hear from you.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.