- Easter Services – This weekend we will celebrate one of the most joyous times in the Christian calendar: Easter! We would love to have as many as possible join us for one (or more) of our Easter celebration services, and how about inviting someone to come along! Services begin on Saturday at 6pm and continue Sunday morning:
- Sunrise service – 6:45am at North (at the pavilion)
- Arbor House service – 7:30am at South (breakfast follows)
- North Campus services – 9:30 and 11am
- Newcomer’s Quiz – All Middle school students and their parents are invited to join Next Gen Director Daniel Calkins at a Bible Quizzing demonstration at Pearce Church on Saturday, April 7that 9am. This is a chance to introduce our young people to what Free Methodist Bible Quizzing is all about, in hopes that we can begin a new team this summer. If you’d like to know more about this, contact Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ultimate Frisbee League Team – Also contact Daniel at that email address if you’d like to learn more about a new Ultimate Frisbee Team, which would play in a Rochester league. This is for 14-18 years old, and the dates of play are April 29th through June 17th. Games are held Sunday afternoons from 2:30-4pm, and the cost of joining is just $25.00.
- United Way Day of Caring – The United Way Day of Caring is May 16th this year. For several years now Northgate has sent a group of people (staff and attenders) to participate in this fun day, providing community service to organizations around our county. And every year the number of people joining us has grown! We’d love to see that continue, and if you’d like to be on the team, please contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com
- Finding Love and Healing in a #MeToo World – The #MeToo Movement has shed light on how many people have been affected by sexual violence. The stories are devastating, but as more people speak up and out against sexual abuse, there is a growing sense of hope that the story can be reclaimed through the healing power and love of Jesus. Pearce Memorial Church in North Chili has issued a general invitation for an evening of discussion and reflection. Pastor Gloria and Pastor Marsha will be attending and invite Northgaters to join them at this event on Wednesday, April 11, 6:30pm.You are not alone on this journey; the story can be reclaimed. (Child care available for babies through 6thgrade.)
- The Summit – Please join us as at our “Northgate Summit” on Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30 – 2pm. We will celebrate the things that God has been doing around Northgate over the past year and dream about the future. A light lunch will be provided and childcare will be available for children from infants up to 4th grade.
- Mission Opportunities – If you are looking for some ways to get involved in local and global missions, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Start a Set Free Bible Study – Learn more about the Set Free movement by holding a Set Free Bible study. We’ll provide the books; we just need a leader to facilitate the group. Facilitation is easy! Just read and follow the study guide. Interested? Contact Pastor Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Hungary and Participate in a Young Adult Bible Study – Julie Worthington is looking for some young adults to join her in July of 2019 on a mission trip to Gyor, Hungary. This would be to meet and encourage young adult Christians there. If you are interested in going, contact Julie at email@example.com
- Attend the Northgate Mission Meeting Sunday, April 29th (12:30pm at North)
- Military Bulletin Board – We’d like to update our Military Personnel bulletin board. If you have new pictures and information, or pictures/information that is not up there but should be, please contact Allison at the church office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Wednesday Night Bible Study – Pastor Chris will be starting a new study on Wednesday nights on the Ten Commandments (April 4th at North). Schedules are available on the Information Desk, and you can get more information from email@example.com
- Northgate Prayer Meetings – Join one of our Prayer Teams! Two of them meet on Wednesdays at North (1pm and 6pm) and one meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month at North (10am). People of prayer are always welcome!
You Can Count on This – Matthew 20:28 – Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Read Matthew 20:20-28)
What are we giving our lives to? Is it worthy of our lives? Does it in some way serve God’s purposes? Jesus gave his life for our lives. Now it’s our turn to serve him!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.