- Journey to the Cross – Next week Thursday (3/29) people of all ages are invited to come to Northgate’s North Campus for “Journey to the Cross.” This is an interactive walk through six stations, which individuals and families do at their own pace. The walk will help you to experience Jesus’ journey to the cross as you prepare for the celebration of Easter. Come anytime between 6 and 8 pm.
- Seder Service at South –Arbor House is again holding a Seder meal on Maundy Thursday (March 29th) at 6:30pm. The Seder replicates the meal that Jesus had with his disciples before going to the cross on Good Friday. This has been very well-received by participants in past years, and if you’d like to experience it this year you can sign up at the Information Desks at both North and South.
- Easter Services – We are getting very close to celebrating one of the most joyous times in the Christian calendar…. Easter! We would love to have as many as possible join us for one (or more) of our Easter celebration services, and how about inviting someone to join you! Services begin on Saturday at 6pm and continue Sunday morning:
- Sunrise service – 6:45am at North (At the pavilion)
- Arbor House service – 7:30am at South (Breakfast follows)
- North Campus services – 9:30 and 11am
- Newcomer’s Quiz – All Middle school students and their parents are invited to join Next Gen Director Daniel Calkins at a Bible Quizzing demonstration at Pearce Church on April 7that 9am. This is a chance to introduce some of our young people to what Free Methodist Bible Quizzing is all about, in hopes that we can begin a new team this summer. If you’d like to know more about this, contact Daniel at email@example.com
- Family Skate Coming Up – Dan is putting together a Family Skate event at the ice rink in Batavia (Evans Street) and everyone is invited. The skating event will be on Sunday, March 25th at 7:15pm. The cost is $5 which includes skating, pizza, the skate rental, pop and games. For hockey players there will also be a chance to participate in a fun game of ½ ice hockey. For more information contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- United Way Day of Caring – The United Way Day of Caring is May 16th this year. For several years now Northgate has sent a group of people (staff and attenders) to participate in this fun day, providing community service to organizations around our county. And every year the number of people joining us has grown! We’d love to see that continue, and if you’d like to be on the team, please contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Summit – Please join us as we hold our third “Northgate Summit” on Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30 – 2pm. The Summit is a time for us to celebrate the things that God has been doing around Northgate over the past year, dream about the future and spend time together. A light lunch will be provided and childcare will be available for children from infants up to 4th grade. We always enjoy this gathering and hope you can be part of it.
- Mission Opportunities – If you are looking for some ways to get involved in local and global missions, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Start a Set Free Bible Study – Learn more about the Set Free movement by holding a Set Free Bible study. We’ll provide the books; we just need a leader to facilitate the group. Facilitation is easy! Just read and follow the study guide. Interested? Contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com
- Go to Hungary and Participate in a Young Adult Bible Study – Julie Worthington is looking for some young adults to join her in July of 2019 on a mission trip to Gyor, Hungary. This would be to meet and encourage young adult Christians there. If you are interested in going, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Northgate Mission Meeting this Sunday (12:30pm at North in A-3)
- Military Bulletin Board – We’d like to update our Military Personnel bulletin board. If you have new pictures and information, or pictures/information that is not up there but should be, please contact Allison at the church office – email@example.com
- New Wednesday Night Bible Study – Pastor Chris will be starting a new study on Wednesday nights on the Ten Commandments (April 4th at North). Schedules are available on the Information Desk, and you can get more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Count on This – Matthew 20:19b – “On the third day he will be raised to life!” – (Read Matthew 20:17-19)
It’s perhaps impossible to overstate the significance of the resurrection of Jesus. This historical event changed the world. And yet, as much as Jesus sought to prepare his followers for it, they struggled to understand until after it occurred. But when they experienced it, everything changed! Join us this Easter as we celebrate this incredible, life-changing, world-shaking and God ordained event.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.