- “IF” Video Conference– On March 29 and 30 our women are invited to attend a video conference called “IF”. The conference is focused on the thought, “IF God is real, then what…?”. Registration is $15 and more information about this conference can be found at northgate.iflocal.com or you can contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com
- Israel Tour Informational Meeting– On March 26 at 6:30pm Pastor Vern is hosting an informational meeting regarding a tour of Israel that we’d like to take in Spring of 2020. Pastor Mike Kuhlkin of the Perry FM Church has been on two trips with the company we are considering using, and will be here to discuss his experiences. This meeting is open to anyone interested, no commitment necessary at this point, and will take place in Meeting Room #3 at the North Campus. For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let’s Build a Building!– The Administrative/Teacher’s Building at Gahanda, Rwanda is in rough shape. The foundation is beginning to crumble and cracks are spreading. The cost of replacing it is about $18,000 and we’ve already raised about $11,000. We’d like to raise the rest so that the building can be built soon, and then our Teacher team that is headed there in August can celebrate its completion when they visit! We’ll be receiving a special offering March 30 and 31 and hope you’ll pray about how God might want you to give. Thank you!
- United Way Day of Caring is Coming– Each May, Northgate assembles a team comprised of staff and attenders who go into our community and make a contribution of service through the United Way Day of Caring. This has been a lot of fun, a wonderful chance to get to know people better, and a great way to show we care about the community. This year’s Day of Caring is on Wednesday, May 22. If you’d like to join the Northgate Team, just let Pastor Vern know – you can reach me at email@example.com.
- Time to Think About Easter Baskets– Every year Rosalina leads a team in assembling and delivering baskets with the components of a complete Easter meal to 30 families of migrant workers living in our area. This is a tangible way for us to show the love of Jesus to these families. If you’d like to support this ministry you can give through one of the offering envelopes in the seats (designate the giving as “Easter baskets”) or through our on-line giving platform, Kindrid, using the designation “Easter Baskets.” Thank you!
- Food Drive for Oakfield Food Pantry– Northgate offers our support to the food pantry run by the Oakfield schools. This ministry serves children who might otherwise go hungry on the weekend. We are highlighting the weekend of April 13/14for the collection of canned goods to help stock the pantry. Items can be dropped off at the table in the lobby.
- All Babies Cherished…– One of the ways we can show our support for women who become pregnant and need help is to support All Babies Cherished (in Batavia) and Light House Station in Warsaw (a maternity home). If you’d like to help these agencies accomplish their missions there is a list of their needs at the Information Desk.
- The Summit– Every year we hold a meeting of the church that we call “The Summit”. This is a time to hear reports from pastors and leaders about what’s happening at Northgate, elect leaders to our Administrative Team and fellowship together over a light meal. Everyone, members, regular attenders and guests are welcome! Childcare is provided as well. This year the Summit will be held on Sunday, April 28 beginning at 12:30pm and we plan to wrap up by 2:30 or so. For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Run (or Walk) for a Good Cause!– It’s shaping up to be a great summer for 5Ks!Along with the All Babies Cherished run/walk on June 8 Young Life is holding a run/walk fundraiser on August 10 in Bergen. You can learn more about these run/walks at https://www.bergen5k.com or https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Batavia/ABCrunbabyrun
- “This Changes Everything!”– This upcoming weekend is another “This Changes Everything” weekend, when we celebrate with those who are being baptized.We always enjoy thanking God for what he’s doing in the lives of people and giving praise to Jesus for our salvation and new lives in him. If you have a “This Changes Everything” T-Shirt, this is the weekend to wear it in support of those who are making a public expression of their love for Jesus, and his love for them!
You Can Count on This – Luke 5:30 – “…but the Pharisees and the teachers of the law… complained…” – (Read Luke 5:12-39)
Are you quick to complain? Do you find it way too easy to find fault? Do you tend to be negative “by nature”? If so, you’re certainly not alone. And this isn’t meant to be a complaint about complainers! Reading this passage of scripture just made me think about how easy it is to find fault. These religious leaders found fault with Jesus for having a meal with “sinners.” Then they found fault with his followers failing to fast as they thought they should. At the start of chapter 6 they’ll find fault with Jesus doing healing work on a Sabbath. It just goes on and on!
The Bible says we should do everything “without complaining or arguing” (Philippians 2:14/NLT). Instead of complaining, let’s look for chances to praise, and if we see problems that need to be addressed, let’s offer solutions instead of criticism or seek to understand better why things are as they are. We’ll all be better off if we do.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.