- Benefit Concert for “Heart and Soul Church”– If you’d like to visit one of our Free Methodist Churches in Rochester, enjoy a concert and help out the church, here’s your opportunity. Saturday afternoon (June 9th) from 3-6pm the church is going to be “Shining the Light”. Heart and Soul is located at 1185 N. Clinton Ave. in Rochester and you can get more information at 342-7970.
- Care Team Meeting– The Northgate Care Team is meeting at the North Campus Café on Wednesday, June 13th at 5:15 pm for a light dinner and discussion. This group prays for and serves our church family in many important and life-giving ways. New members are always welcome. If you would like to learn more about this ministry opportunity, please attend. RSVP to email@example.com meal planning purposes. Thanks!
- College Age Fellowship & Study– If you fit into the category of a college age student, you are invited to a new gathering happening on Sunday nights at 7pm at our South Campus. Zach Laird has organized this time of rec and Bible Study. The rec is basketball and Kan Jam, etc. and the study is called “Audience of One.” This has just begun so it’s not too late to join in. For more information contact Pastor Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Single Parenting Group– Joan Stevens will be leading a parenting group for single parents starting Monday, July 9that 6pm. The meeting will take place in Room 101 at the South Campus and is open to all single parents whether they are part of Northgate or not. To sign up please call the church office at 343-4011. This study lasts 13 weeks.
- Father’s Day Gift– Father’s Day is coming up soon and, in honor of our dads, Northgate is going to give a gift to The Warrior House, a ministry to Veterans. You can learn more about The Warrior House athttps://www.warriorhouseofwny.com
- Ice Cream Social– We are inviting everyone to enjoy some ice cream on us on June 16thor 17thafter each service. On Saturday night we’ll dish out the ice cream and on Sunday we’ll be getting it from LuGia’s ice cream truck. Services that weekend will be a little abbreviated so we can have some fellowship time together and celebrate our dads, grads and the start of the summer. Hope you can join us!
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m.The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus and then heads out to various community locations to pray. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. This will give us a chance to talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- Volunteer Opportunities at Crossroads House– Crossroads House is holding its next Resident Care Volunteer Orientation on Monday June 18 @ the First Presbyterian Church Hall (right next to Crossroads House) from 5-7pm. Join them for a couple hours, get acquainted, learn the basic ins and outs, see how you fit and enjoy dinner too! Sign up (585-343-3892) and get more training, there is no obligation if you find it’s not a fit for you.
- VBS at St. Paul’s– St. Paul Lutheran Church is hosting a summer Vacation Bible School Program titled ‘Passport to Heaven’. All children ages Pre-K to Grade 6 are invited to join us the week of June 25-29 from 9:00-11:30 a.m. Registration is requested by stopping by the office at 31 Washington Ave., Batavia. This program will include Bible stories, crafts, music, snacks, skits, games and lots of fun. For questions, please contact 585-343-0488.
- Also, Please cover St. Paul Lutheran Church & School in prayer for the Congregational Voter’s Meeting regarding elections and budget on June 10.
You Can Count on This – Matt. 26:16 – From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him (Jesus) over. (Read Matt. 26:1-46)
When I read about Judas’ betrayal of Jesus my first thought is “How could he do that?” After spending three years with Jesus, and watching Jesus heal people, teach them of God’s love for them and demonstrate it through his own compassionate, tender and loving words and actions, how could Judas arrange for Jesus’ arrest? A little later in the chapter, Peter is warned that he is also going to turn away from Jesus. And then we read about Jesus’ closest friends falling asleep on him after he had asked them to “keep watch” while he prayed. Reading these accounts makes me realize how easy it is to turn away from Jesus to something else (money, acceptance, personal needs) and, on the other hand, how faithful Jesus is to us in spite of our tendencies. He continued on to the cross, in spite of all of this. He loves me, in spite of my shortcomings. And he loves you too. Praise God for his love and his faithfulness.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.