- “One Night of Summer” Date Night– On July 7th, Base is offering parents a unique opportunity to enjoy a date night, by providing childcare through The Base and Base Leaders, for a suggested donation of your choosing. Anytime between 6pm and 9pm, you can check in your children for childcare (Infants – 12 year olds) and our students and adult leaders will play games, entertain and provide a snack to those in our care. As a special offer, anybody who utilizes this service will receive 20% off of their meal if they choose Batavia’s Original Pizzeria. All donations will be used for scholarships for Northgate’s upcoming summer event “Base Camp”. If you have any questions please contact our main office (343-4011) or email Daniel@northgatefmc.comfor more information.
- Summer Group Life – Many Northgate groups take a break this time of year, but a few are just starting up and/or meeting exclusively for the summer, including:
- College-Age Northgaterscan meet Sunday mornings at 11 in Meeting Room 4 (North Campus) with LIndsie Cook and/or Sunday evenings at South Campus with Zack Laird. No sign-ups, just come!
- Single Parentsare meeting Mondays at 6pm in Room 101 at the South Campus. To sign up, call the church office at 343-4011. This study, led by Joan Stevens, lasts 13 weeks and starts July 9th.
- Trim Healthy Mamasis new and is for mothers who want to take better care of themselves and their families. Scripture-based, supportive and encouraging. Carissa Helsdon (585-813-5156) and Katherine Christner (585-813-7824) will lead on Mondays in July, 6 to 7:30pm, in Meeting Room 1 (North Campus).
For more information on any of these, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Saturday, July 7th(7pm), Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. We’ll talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- Star Spangled Celebration (on the 3rd!)– Everyone is invited to come to our parking lot to watch the fireworks show at Dwyer Stadium after the baseball game on July 3rd. The party begins about 7pm with games, a juggler, food and more. We’d love to see you there, and to have you invite friends and family too! Bring a lawn chair. We’ll provide the rest. (If you want to help put on this party, you can talk to Kelley Switzer at Kelley@northgatefmc.com).
- Bible Quizzing Returns– Pastor Marsha and Pastor Dan are bringing Quizzing back full-force for the 2018-19 school year and all 6th-12thgraders are invited to be part of it. We’ll study the second half of Luke and the whole book of Jonah. Practices will be Sundays after the second service, food included, and rides home can be provided, if needed. An informational meeting will be held the last Sunday of August (8/26) from 12:15 to 1:30pm. For more information you can email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Puerto Rico Missions– Our friends in Puerto Rico continue to recover from the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. Some churches have sent teams down there to help out, and if anyone at Northgate feels the call to do the same, that opportunity continues to exist. The need right now is for people who can help with construction projects. If you’d like more information on this, please contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Caregivers Connection– If you are a caregiver, you know that no matter how rewarding it is to care for a loved one, at times you may become frustrated or discouraged. If you would like to meet with other caregivers to share coping skills and receive encouragement, please call Susan Wakefield at 585-297-0466.
- Sent Likewise– Our Base group has begun a new ministry called “Sent Likewise”. They will complete community action projects and personal acts of service for anyone in need of assistance. Activities include yard cleanup, painting, moving or anything you believe we could be helpful with. As a church, we believe that we are to be built upin order to be sentoutinto the world to change it through the love of Jesus. Please help us by telling us how we can be useful to you and our community. Call (343-4011) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Celebrate Recovery– Pastor Dave Odachowski and the CR TEAM lead those of us who are gaining joy and freedom in Christ by applying the 12-Steps of Celebrate Recovery to the hurts, habits and hang-ups we struggle with. Meetings are 6:30pm every Thursday at the North Campus. For more info, please contact Pastor Dave at email@example.com.
- Summer Trek– Children who have completed Grades K-4 are invited to participate in Summer Trek from July 8th — August 26th during the 9:30 service only.
You Can Count on This – Mark 1:1 – The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God. (Read Mark 1:1-45)
As I read this today I thought – “The beginning. But there is no end! The good news about Jesus just keeps going on forever! Praise the Lord!”
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.