- “Star Spangled Celebration” Is This Week– Wednesday July 3rd starting at 7pm, come out and enjoy games, delicious food and a great view of the local fireworks display. Rain or shine we will have something for all ages. Bring your family and friends to Northgate’s North Campus and celebrate with us. For more information email Kelley@northgatefmc.com
- Baptism Weekend is Coming Up!– Our next “This Changes Everything” weekend is going to be held on July 13 and 14. Jesus instructed us to baptize those who become His followers, and we are always excited when people make this public witness of their faith in Him. If you would like to be baptized, or have a child/children you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please contact one of the pastors, or the church office (email@example.com). You can also sign up via our website (northgatefmc.com) or the App.
- Garage Sale for Missions – Report– Many, many thanks go out to our “Early Bird” small group for planning and putting on the rummage sale last weekend at South.This amazing team of people raised over $2700, which is going to be divided between a local ministry (All Babies Cherished) and a global ministry (our Gahanda “Connected Community” in Rwanda). Deb Dunlevy and her team really did an outstanding job on this whole thing – thank you!
- Looking for a Camp Counselor for a Boys’ Cabin – Pastor Chris – the Director of Covenant Acres is currently looking for someone to be a counselor for a boys cabin. One of the male counselors had to unexpectedly back out and there is a vital need for someone to step in and take his place. The camp is July 7-12 and the only requirements are that they are over 17 (and if it is someone much older than 17 that is perfectly fine) and they are a good fit for working with kids. For further information contact Pastor Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Celebrating Our Bible Trek Kids!– The average FAMILY income in Gahanda, Rwanda is $23 a month. That’s $276 a year. Our Bible Trek kids (and some generous others) donated a total of $329 through a coin drive to help our Connected Community school in Rwanda! To help make it a little more fun, they put the coins in one of three buckets, indicating their “vote” for who would get a pie in the face and this past weekend Pastor John had the honor of receiving not one, but twopies in his face! Video was obtained and will be shared! Thanks kids and thank you John for accepting this honor with such grace!
- Summer Financial Peace University Session– The summer session of FPU will begin on Monday, July 1 at 6:30pm. If you’ve ever wanted to get your finances in order, or to reassure yourself that you are handling them in a God-honoring way, consider signing up for FPU. You can register on our website (northgatefmc.com) or through the events section on our app.
- Connect With Others Through a Small Group This Fall– We are thinking about Fall Fellowship before summer even officially gets here. Getting to know other people through a small group is an important value in our church. Many of our small groups take a break for the summer, but fall planning is already under way. If you have ideas, questions, hopes or requests for bringing together like-minded believers to develop friendships and deepen their faith in Jesus, please contact Pastor Marsha – email@example.com.
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– Every Wednesday a group of people meet at our North Campus to pray in the evening. Often, weather permitting, they will head out to our new prayer walk – complete with benches and a path that is gradually being beautifully covered with mulch. It is a wonderful place to pray and hold our church, our friends and family and community before the Lord. If you’d like to join them, come to North at 6pm on Wednesday.
- Church Cookout – July 14– The ice cream social was great last weekend, and we are looking forward to the next opportunity to share some food and friendship time as a church, which is coming on July 14. Our Men’s Group, led by Mike Marsh, will be hosting a barbecue after the second service that day and everyone is invited! This would be a good time to invite a friend to join you at church and show them how much we welcome newcomers.
- Children’s Wing Remodel: “The Past, Our Present, Their Future– This summer we are investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. This will be a significant project and we are looking for people to help make it happen. You can sign up to help by visiting the Information Table, and to learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Luke 12:25 – “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? – (Read Luke 12:1-34)
Jesus is so right about this. And yet I have to keep learning it over and over again. Worrying does absolutely nothing positive in my life. When I allow myself to worry, I lose– time, energy, hope, perspective! Worry only detracts from my life. I so want to be done with it forever! But honestly, there are times I let myself go there still. Yet, not as often as I used to. And not for as long as I used to. Praise God He has helped me to worry less and trust Him more and I will keep praying that God will keep on doing that – until worry really has disappeared from my life foreverand has been completely and permanently replaced with joy and trust. Thank you Lord, for this reminder today, to trust you and abandon worry. You are so good!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.