- Baptism Weekend is Coming Up!– Our next “This Changes Everything” weekend is going to be held on July 13 and 14. Jesus instructed us to baptize those who become His followers, and we are always excited when people make this public witness of their faith in Him. If you would like to be baptized, or have a child/children you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please contact one of the pastors, or the church office (email@example.com). You can also sign up via our website (northgatefmc.com) or the App.
- Garage Sale for Missions – This Weekend!– One of our Sunday small groups is hosting a garage sale this weekend at our South Campus. This garage sale is being done to raise funds for All Babies Cherished and our Connected Community in Gahanda, Rwanda. The sale is Friday and Saturday at our South Campus gym and there are a lot of items available, so check it out and support a couple of really good causes!
- Would You Like to Help Put On Our “Star Spangled Celebration”?– Kelley Switzer is looking for some people who would like to help out with the Star Spangled Celebration on Wednesday evening, July 3, at North. If you cangive a half hour of your time you can become part of a rotation of volunteers that evening, helping with games, crafts and other activities. Please contact Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or want more information on how to become involved.
- Celebrating Our Bible Trek Kids!– The average FAMILY income in Gahanda, Rwanda is $23 a month. That’s $276 a year. Our Bible Trek kids (and some generous others) donated a total of $329 through a coin drive to help our Connected Community school in Rwanda! To help make it a little more fun, they put the coins in one of three buckets, indicating their “vote” for who would get a pie in the face. This Sunday we’ll find out who won (lost?) – Mr. Eric, Miss Katie, or Pastor John! Thanks kids for your generous gift to the kids of Gahanda.
- Connect With Others Through a Small Group This Fall– We are thinking about Fall Fellowship before summer even officially gets here. Getting to know other people through a small group is an important value in our church. Many of our small groups take a break for the summer, but fall planning is already under way. If you have ideas, questions, hopes or requests for bringing together like-minded believers to develop friendships and deepen their faith in Jesus, please contact Pastor Marsha email@example.com.
- Summer Financial Peace University Session– The summer session of FPU will begin on Monday, July 1 at 6:30pm. If you’ve ever wanted to get your finances in order, or to reassure yourself that you are handling them in a God-honoring way, consider signing up for FPU. You can register on our website (northgatefmc.com) or through the events section on our app.
- EMBER– Our newgroup for adults age 18-25 is going strong! Pastor Daniel is inviting everyone in this age group to get togetherat our South campus to discuss modern day issues relevant to this generation. If you come, you can expect an informal approach meant to help you relax, enjoy games, food and community all while growing in your faith. Ember is meeting every Sunday night from 8-9:30pm, so come check it out and you can get more information on our Northgate social media or feel free to contact Pastor Dan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ice Cream Social – This Weekend!– We will be holding another ice cream social after our services on Saturday June 22 and Sunday June 23. On Saturday we provide the ice cream, and on Sunday Lugia’s ice cream truck will be here. Services will be a little shorter than usual and people are invited to bring a lawn chair and hang out after. This is a great weekend to invite someone to join you at church!
- Base Concert Night– On Wednesday June 26 Base is having a concert event to celebrate the year and wrap up for the summer. Two bands will be performing: Tetelestai and As We Are beginning at 6pm. The gym will also be open and the “cost” of admission is to bring some canned goods for As We Are which provides a mobile food pantry as they tour.
- Children’s Wing Remodel: “The Past, Our Present, Their Future– This summer we are investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. This will be a significant project and we are looking for people to help make it happen. You can sign up to help by visiting the Information Table, and to learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 11:46 – Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.” (Read Luke 11:29-54)
Some people are image-conscious when they should be concerned with being “image-bearers.” What I mean is, some of us are more concerned with “looking good” or receiving honor from others, when we ought be more concerned with having a genuine relationship of love with God and others. Jesus calls out a group of religious leaders who had made a relationship with God all about following rules and looking good. But in their hearts they lacked a love for God and they weren’t sharing God’s love with people. Jesus says to them, “woe are you”, which The Message translates as, “you’re helpless! Don’t be helpless! Instead of being focused on your image, focus on being the image-bearer of Christ in the world!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.