- Ice Cream Social– We are inviting everyone to enjoy some ice cream on us on June16thor 17thafter each service. On Saturday night we’ll dish out the ice cream and on Sunday we’ll be getting it from LuGia’s ice cream truck. Services that weekend will be a little abbreviated so we can have some fellowship time together and celebrate our dads, grads and the start of the summer. Hope you can join us!
- College Age Fellowship & Study– If you fit into the category of a college age student, you are invited to a new gathering happening on Sunday nights at 7pm at our South Campus. Zach Laird has organized this time of rec and Bible Study. The rec is basketball and Kan Jam, etc. and the study is called “Audience of One.” This has just begun so it’s not too late to join in. For more information contact Pastor Dan at email@example.com.
- Single Parenting Group– Joan Stevens is leading a parenting group for single parents on Mondays at 6pm. The meeting takes place in Room 101 at the South Campus and is open to all single parents whether they are part of Northgate or not. To sign up please call the church office at 343-4011. This study lasts 13 weeks.
- Father’s Day Gift– Father’s Day is coming up soon and, in honor of our dads, Northgate is going to give a gift to The Warrior House,a ministry to Veterans. You can learn more about The Warrior House at https://www.warriorhouseofwny.com
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m.The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus and then heads out to various community locations to pray. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Saturday, July 7th(7pm), Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. We’ll talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- Volunteer Opportunities at Crossroads House– Crossroads House is holding its next Resident Care Volunteer Orientation on Monday June 18@ the First Presbyterian Church Hall (right next to Crossroads House) from 5-7pm. Join them for a couple hours, get acquainted, learn the basic ins and outs, see how you fit and enjoy dinner too! Sign up (585-343-3892) and get more training, there is no obligation if you find it’s not a fit for you.
- VBS at St. Paul’s– St. Paul Lutheran Church is hosting a summer Vacation Bible School Program titled ‘Passport to Heaven’. All children ages Pre-K to Grade 6 are invited to join us the week of June 25-29 from 9:00-11:30 a.m. Registration is requested by stopping by the office at 31 Washington Ave., Batavia. This program will include Bible stories, crafts, music, snacks, skits, games and lots of fun. For questions, please contact 585-343-0488.
- Star Spangled Celebration (on the 3rd!)– Last year we held a party on July 4th, right in our own backyard. The purpose was to have fun, and also to be good hosts to those from our community who come to our parking lot to watch the fireworks at Dwyer Stadium after the baseball game. The party begins about 7pmon July 3rdwith games, a juggler, food and more. We’d love to see you there, and to have you invite friends and family too! Bring a lawn chair. We’ll provide the rest. (If you want to help put on this party, you can talk to Kelley Switzer. Reach her atKelley@northgatefmc.com)
- Celebrating “Celebrate the Sent”– What a great time last Sunday night as we celebrated the Northgate people who served in International Missions this past year!Over 100 people came out to see some stunning pictures, enjoy some pie and hear reports from Mitch and Lynn Sue (Northern Europe), Joy (Honduras), Jordyne (El Salvador), Chip & Cierra (Nicaragua), Angelo (Haiti) and Lyndsay (heading to Kenya this summer). Several people asked if we will do this again. I am praying that we will, because that will mean that we will be able to celebrate more people from Northgate serving the Lord in various places around the world!
You Can Count on This – Matt. 27:42 – “He saved others,” they said, “but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. (Read Matt. 27:1-66)
The irony of this verse is that Jesus could have easily come down from the cross (wouldn’t thathave shocked these mockers!) but if he did, saving himself that agony, we could not be saved. Because Jesus endured their mocking, and the pain, and the experience of death, we who make the choice now to believe in him are saved from our sins, given the Holy Spirit, and assured of our place in heaven. It was through the cross that Jesus saved others. Thank you Jesus, for not coming down from it, but for doing that for me.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.