- Garage Sale for Missions– One of our Sunday small groups is going to host a garage sale in our South Campus gym on June 21 and 22. This garage sale is being done to raise funds for local agencies serving people and our global missions effort. They will be accepting donations of “gently used” items the week before the sale, at South, from 10-1 and 5:30-7:30 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. More details can be had by contacting Deb Dunlevy at email@example.com.
- Would You Like to Help Put On Our “Star Spangled Celebration”?– Kelley Switzer is looking for some people who would like to help out with the Star Spangled Celebration on Wednesday evening, July 3, at North. If you cangive a half hour of your time you can become part of a rotation of volunteers that evening, helping with games, crafts and other activities. Please contact Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or want more information on how to become involved.
- St. Paul’s Tuition Assistance– If you’d like to enroll a child at St. Paul’s Lutheran School please know that they have received grant money to help 2 students with the tuition this year. The deadline to be included in the opportunity to receive that assistance is July 31 and if you are interested in learning more about this you can contact the school at email@example.com.
- EMBER– Our newgroup for adults age 18-25 is going strong! Pastor Daniel is inviting everyone in this age group to get togetherat our South campus to discuss modern day issues relevant to this generation. If you come, you can expect an informal approach meant to help you relax, enjoy games, food and community all while growing in your faith. Ember is meeting every Sunday night from 8-9:30pm, so come check it out and you can get more information on our Northgate social media or feel free to contact Pastor Dan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shetlers are Heading to Asia on Mission– Please keep Brett and Jan Shetler in prayer as they head to Asia this week on a mission trip. They will be teaching English classes and serving in an orphanage. Their trip takes place from June 16 to July 23 so please pray for safe travel, good health and effective witnessing of the love of Christ!
- Summer Financial Peace University Session– The summer session of FPU will begin on Monday, July 1 at 6:30pm. If you’ve ever wanted to get your finances in order, or to reassure yourself that you are handling them in a God-honoring way, consider signing up for FPU. You can register on our website (northgatefmc.com) or through the events section on our app.
- Ice Cream Social– We will be holding another ice cream social after our services on Saturday June 22 and Sunday June 23. On Saturday we provide the ice cream, and on Sunday we will have an ice cream truck here, as we did last year. This is a great weekend to invite someone to join you at church!
- Base Concert Night– On Wednesday June 26 Base is having a concert event to celebrate the year and wrap up for the summer. Two bands will be performing: Tetelestai and As We Are beginning at 6pm. The gym will also be open and the “cost” of admission is to bring some canned goods for As We Are which provides a mobile food pantry as they tour.
- Learn About Something Good Happening in Kenya– Terri Noble recently made a trip to Kenya as a member of a United States board working with a Free Methodist ministry there called “Tumaini Women Kenya.”This ministry provides Kenyan people with loans proportionate to the amount of funds they save, so that they can begin business ventures that allow them to be more self-sufficient. Terri was very impressed with the work being done and would love to talk to anyone or any group which would like to know more about it. You can contact her at email@example.com.
- Children’s Wing Remodel: “The Past, Our Present, Their Future– This summer we are investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. This will be a significant project and we are looking for people to help make it happen. You can sign up to help by visiting the Information Table, and to learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Luke 11:17 – Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.” (Read Luke 11:1-28)
Jesus spoke these words pointing out to his accusers that he could not be working for Satan if he (Jesus) was also freeing people who were under the influence of Satan. They were working in two different directions – so if they were “partners” their “house” would fall – it couldn’t hold up. The same thing is true in the church. If we become divided over our purpose and our mission, we will ultimately “fall” – lose our effectiveness and our ability to serve Christ. Therefore it’s crucial that we stay focused, as a body, on that which God has called us to do. At Northgate we say it this way: Our mission is to bring people to Jesus Christ, build them up in that relationship and send them out to share His love. Let’s keep our unity around that!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.