- In-Building Services Begin This Weekend – It has been literally months since we’ve held a service inside of our buildings, but praise God we are planning to do so this coming weekend at both North and Arbor House. I can’t wait to be here! Here’s a couple of things you need to know…
Please remember that you will need to register for all services you plan to attend, by going to our website (northgatefmc.com) or through our APP, or by calling or emailing the church office (344-4011; email@example.com).
Also please remember that for the in-building services masks will be required for everyone over the age of 2 unless a medical condition prevents the wearing of the mask. Here’s the schedule for the services:
- Saturday, July 11, 6pm in the building at North
- Sunday, July 12, 9:30 & 11am in the building at North
- Sunday, July 12, 10am in the building at Arbor House
We’ll still have the services on-line those weekends (and all upcoming weekends) at the usual times (6pm Saturday and 9:30am Sunday). We will also be transmitting the services over our FM signal, in case anyone would like to come to the building and listen from the parking lot. Hope to see you soon!
And check out the video that our team made to help people get prepared for our return to the building: https://www.facebook.com/northgatefmc/videos/296691225019725
- Volunteers Are Needed in Anticipation of Our Regathering – In order to regather in our buildings we do need extra help from some volunteers. Mark Logan is looking for 15-20 people to help out with…
- Providing direction to people when they arrive for the services
- Ushering people to their seats (needed because we want to practice the safe social distancing guidelines)
- Sanitizing between services
If you can help with any of these tasks, please contact Mark soon at firstname.lastname@example.org. And thank you for doing that!
- Masks – How do you feel about wearing a mask in public? At first I felt weird about it. Now I’m getting used to it. I’m glad to wear one, but I know some people have struggled with it. When we begin attending services in-house (July 11/12, God-willing) masks will be required (except for those 2 and under or those for whom it is medically unsafe). In a post called, “Why I am wearing a mask to church next Sunday” Ken Braddy Jr. offered 8 reasons for wearing one. Some of those include being willing to lay aside personal preference for the sake of others (as Jesus did for us); doing so as an act of love; recognizing it’s not a life-time commitment, just a temporary need; adhering to the governing authorities (Romans 13:1-5).
To read the whole post go to: https://kenbraddy.com/2020/05/25/why-im-wearing-a-mask-to-church-next-sunday/
- More on “What to Expect” – Here’s some things we’d like you to know regarding the return to the building (in case you can’t wait for the video!):
- The only entrance will be via the front doors
- Exiting will be via the side doors
- We ask everyone to respect the “social distancing” guidelines
- There will not be any children’s programming to begin with; we’ll let you know when that is going to begin again
- Masks are required (see #3 above)
- Restrooms will be usable but there’s a limit to how many people can be in the main restrooms at one time
- Hand sanitizer stations are at all doors
- Bathroom fixtures (faucets/soap dispensers) are all hands-free
- Seating in the sanctuary will be spread out to meet the six-foot guidelines and ushers will help everyone find seats
- The offering will be received by placing it in a receptacle at the doorways.
- We will be singing, but, recognizing that some may be uncomfortable with being in the sanctuary with singing, this will be at the end of the service so people may leave if they like. The worship team will be starting our service with worship music.
- We’ll be dismissing people in an orderly fashion to keep the distancing guidelines
- All used seats, handles, etc. will be cleaned after/between services
If there’s something that you’d like to know which I haven’t answered here, please email me so that I can! You can reach me at email@example.com.
- How Can Our Youth Serve You? – Pastor Daniel is leading a group of our teens on service projects through our Sent Likewise program. If you know of a need someone has that our teens can help with please let Pastor Daniel know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Things that they can help with include yard cleanup, painting, small projects, etc.
- Kudos to Our Kids Ministry Team – Recently we started offering a new program of on-line worship for children – separating it from our regular church services. Already we are hearing some really good feedback from people on this. Thank you so much for that and thank you to Leah and our team for continuing to figure out ways to speak to the kids during this time. You can find it here: Northgate Kids YouTube Channel
- Northgate Kids Summer in a Bag – Leah and her Children’s Ministry Team have been brainstorming about some ways to bless our kids this summer and are now preparing some things to distribute to them as we approach summer. The “Northgate Kids Summer in a Bag” will contain some fun things as well as devotional items and we hope they’re a big hit with the kids. We’ll let you know more about them when we’re ready to get them to you.
- BASE Camp Boxes – Pastor Daniel has been preparing Base Camp Boxes for this summer and those will be available for pickup on August 17th. It will include a t-shirt, stickers, supplies, videos and a live devotional so Base Camp can be enjoyed from home. Registration will be available on our website (northgatefmc.com) or by emailing Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- New Member of Our Northgate Team – I want to introduce Katrina Wilkins to you. Katrina is joining our staff as a Conference Ministerial Candidate. CMCs are people who are preparing for the pastorate and every CMC is appointed to a church for the purposes of helping them to grow and become ready for church leadership. This is an unpaid position, but, interestingly, Katrina has a paying position with our Free Methodist Church Conference. I say “interestingly” because she is in the position that opened up when our own Judy Cornman retired from that position this past year! Welcome Katrina – we’re looking forward to having you serve with us!
- Stay Connected! – There are many ways to stay connected as a church until we can regather. Here are some…
Bible study groups are held on Monday & Thursday nights (write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on those).
Our worship services are on Facebook (Northgate FMC) and our website (northgatefmc.online.church) at 6pm on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday and are accessible after that on Facebook and our website (northgatefmc.com/media).
Our Northgate Care Team is working very hard to make sure people are cared for and if you have a need or concern that you want some help with you can contact them through Pastor Marsha (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ). We may be physically separated, but we do not have to be relationally separated! Let us know how we can minister to you!
You Can Count on This – John 11:48 – “If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.” (Read John 11:45-57)
The Jewish leaders were concerned that Jesus was going to initiate some kind of rebellion that would lead to Roman intervention. The irony is that the Romans did come and destroy the temple (about AD70) but not because of Christian rebellion. The revolution Jesus began was not about attacking Roman rule but about attacking the rule of Satan in the lives of people. And Jesus is still inviting people to come to him and rise up against Satan and all that is evil. Join the Jesus revolution!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.