- Prayer Request from Ephaste– Ephaste is the Free Methodist International Childcare Ministries director in Rwanda. He is our “go to guy” for planning our trips there, guiding teams around, and directing the use of the funds we give through ICCM sponsored children. We are hoping to have Ephaste visit us here at Northgate in September, but in order for him to come he needs to be given a visa by the USA Embassy. This coming Monday, July 9thhe will be applying for that visa. Please be in earnest prayer about this interview. Pray that he will have a peace that passes all understanding as he is questioned and that the USA Embassy interviewer will sense and know his sincerity and passion regarding his ministry. Having Ephaste visit our congregation would be a huge blessing for him and for us.
- “One Night of Summer” Date Night– On Saturday, July 7th(6-9pm) our BASE Leaders and youth will provide childcare for infants-12 year olds so parents can have a night out. No charge – you can make a donation if you like. Anybody who utilizes this service can also receive 20% off of their meal if they choose Batavia’s Original Pizzeria. All donations will be used for scholarships for Northgate’s upcoming summer “Base Camp”. If you have any questions please contact our main office (343-4011) or email Daniel@northgatefmc.com.
- Summer Group Life – Many Northgate groups take a break this time of year, but a few are just starting up and/or meeting exclusively for the summer, including: College-Age Northgaters (Sunday am and pm); Single Parenting(Monday pm) and Trim Healthy Mamas(Monday pm). For more information on any of these, email email@example.com.
- Baptism Classes– We are looking ahead to July 28thand 29th– our next “This Changes Everything” weekend.We will be holding baptisms that weekend along with baby dedications, and if you are interested in either, please contact one of the pastors. We are asking everyone who plans to be baptized to please try to attend one of our Baptism Classes. They will be held on Saturday, July 7th(7pm), Sunday July 8th(9:30am) and July 15th(11am) at North. You only need to attend one of the classes. We’ll talk about baptism and prepare for this great day!
- Star Spangled Celebration – Thanks to everyone who helped put on our celebration! There were twice as many people as last year, and Kelley and her team did a great job making it a fun time of fellowship for all!
- Bible Quizzing Returns– Pastor Marsha and Pastor Dan are bringing Quizzing back full-force for the 2018-19 school year and all 6th-12thgraders are invited to be part of it. We’ll study the second half of Luke and the whole book of Jonah. Practices will be Sundays after the second service, food included, and rides home can be provided, if needed. An informational meeting will be held the last Sunday of August (8/26) from 12:15 to 1:30pm. For more information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
- Puerto Rico Missions– Our friends in Puerto Rico continue to recover from the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. Some churches have sent teams down there to help out, and if anyone at Northgate feels the call to do the same, that opportunity continues to exist. The need right now is for people who can help with construction projects. If you’d like more information on this, please contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sent Likewise– Our Base group has begun a new ministry called “Sent Likewise”. They will complete community action projects and personal acts of service for anyone in need of assistance. Activities include yard cleanup, painting, moving or anything you believe we could be helpful with. As a church, we believe that we are to be built upin order to be sentoutinto the world to change it through the love of Jesus. Please help us by telling us how we can be useful to you and our community. Call (343-4011) or email email@example.com.
- Celebrate Recovery– Pastor Dave Odachowski and the CR TEAM lead those of us who are gaining joy and freedom in Christ by applying the 12-Steps of Celebrate Recovery to the hurts, habits and hang-ups we struggle with. Meetings are 6:30pm every Thursday at the North Campus. For more info, please contact Pastor Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nursing Position Available – Care Net Center of Greater Orleans has a part-time Nurse Manager position open for an RN. More information is available at 589-7505 or email email@example.com; by 4:30pm July 12th.
You Can Count on This – Mark 2:17 – On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Read Mark 2:1-27)
If you think you’re healthy, you don’t seek out the doctor. If you think you’re a good person who doesn’t need God, or whom God will accept simply because you are so good, you’re probably not going to be too interested in Jesus. But if you are a person who knows better, who understands that we all fall short of being morally, spiritually and relationally perfect people (sinners, in other words) then the good news is that Jesus has come to forgive you and restore you to health. He’s calling; are we listening?
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.