- Israel Meeting– You are invited to a meeting on Tuesday 8/6 at 6:30pm (North Campus) where we’ll discuss our upcoming tour to Israel (February 2020). About a dozen people are signed up already, and we’d love to fill a bus, which would be about 40 or so people! For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jim and Jill Kelly Share Their Story of Faith– Right Now Media has partnered with “Game Plan for Life 2019” and is offering users free access to a livestream event on Wednesday, July 31 from 7-8:30pm. The featured speakers this year are Jim and Jill Kelly who will be talking about their faith, their family and their life in football. Right Now subscribers can click on this link on July 31: https://livestream.com/profootballhof/events/8006439.
And if you are not a Right Now subscriber but want to be (it’s free to our church attenders) please contact the church office at email@example.com.
- “…if anyone gives even a cup of cold water…”– Jesus says that person will be rewarded for their kindness. So Jesus must have smiled on Rosalina, Robin and Brenda last week when the temperatures hit the 90s and these three ladies took bottles of cold water, and the message of the gospel to migrant farm workers who were out in nearby fields. Blessings to you ladies, and thank you for sharing the love of Jesus with others!
- General Conference, 2019 Recap – Last week’s General Conference was wonderful.It was packed with inspiring speakers, good fellowship and an election of bishops and I came away feeling very good about our denomination. We are a body that loves Jesus, loves people and seeks to keep those two things at the center of our ministry. If you’d like to view some of the speakers from General Conference you can do so at gc19.org. And please continue to keep our leaders and our church in your prayers. Thank you!
- Days for Girls–In some places in the world (like in Gahanda, Rwanda where we have a Connected Community) girls often miss days from school because they lack necessary personal hygiene items they are in need of. “Days for Girls” provides those items and one of our women’s groups recently raised funds to send to Rwanda where kits will be purchased and sent to our Gahanda community to be given to girls there. Thank you ladies!
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– Every Wednesday a group of people meet at our North Campus to pray in the evening. Often, weather permitting, they will head out to our new prayer walk – complete with benches and a path that is gradually being beautifully covered with mulch. It is a wonderful place to pray and hold our church, our friends and family and community before the Lord. If you’d like to join them, come to North at 6pm on Wednesday.
- BASE Camp is Coming Quickly!– Last year we held the first BASE Summer Camp with about 40 young people attending. This year there are over 100 young people signed up so far, with several weeks to go before camp! Pastor Daniel is hard at work bringing all the details together and it’s going to be a great camp. If you’re interested in having a child attend, or in volunteering some time to help make this happen, please contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please keep all of this in prayer too.
- Connect With Others Through a Small Group This Fall–Getting to know other people through a small group is an important value in our church. Many of our small groups take a break for the summer, but fall planning is already under way. If you have ideas, questions, hopes or requests for bringing together like-minded believers to develop friendships and deepen their faith in Jesus, please contact Pastor Marsha – email@example.com.
- Teachers Mission Team is Getting Ready– On August 15tha group of five teachers, with Mark Logan as a sixth, “honorary” teacher, will be leaving Batavia and making the long trip to Gahanda, Rwanda, where they will meet, encourage and share ideas with the teachers at our Connected Community school.Please keep Krystal, Jenn, Melanie, Melissa, Candy and Mark in prayer as they prepare for this amazing experience.
- Children’s Wing Remodel: “The Past, Our Present, Their Future– This summer we are investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. This will be a significant project and we are looking for people to help make it happen. You can sign up to help by visiting the Information Table, and to learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Luke 13:18 – “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to?” – (Read Luke 13:1-20)
When Jesus sought to help us understand what the kingdom of God is like he asked us to think about a mustard seed, and to imagine that tiny seed growing into a huge tree! It starts small, but eventually has a huge presence. Christianity started small – just a few dozen men and women. Today around 2 billion people call themselves “Christian” and many more have already finished their work here and gone on to eternity. Someday we’ll get to join the “multitude” around the throne – singing praises to God who invited us to be members of His kingdom, through faith in His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Praise God!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.