Things to do…
- Attend a Worship Service This Weekend – There are several ways you can take in a Northgate worship service this weekend. You can…
- View a service on-line. Our worship services are on Facebook (Northgate FMC) and our website (northgatefmc.online.church) at 6pm on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday and are accessible after that on Facebook and our website (northgatefmc.com/media).
- Take in the live service from the parking lot. Last weekend several people did just that, by pulling into the parking lot at 8160 Bank St. Rd. and tuning into 107.9 FM. Services are at 6pm Saturday and 9:30/11 on Sunday.
- Attend the live service in the building. Both Arbor House and Northgate North are holding in-house services now. Arbor House meets at 10am on Sunday at our South Campus location. To get ready for the services check out this video: https://www.facebook.com/northgatefmc/videos/296691225019725. Please remember to pre-register to attend by going to our website, APP or by calling or emailing the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are unable to pre-register, no problem! We can take care of that when you arrive.
- Volunteer to Help With the Regathering – In order to regather in our buildings we do need extra help from some volunteers. Mark Logan is looking for 15-20 people to help out with…
- Providing direction to people when they arrive for the services
- Ushering people to their seats (needed because we want to practice the safe social distancing guidelines)
- Sanitizing between services
If you can help with any of these tasks, please contact Mark soon at email@example.com. And thank you for doing that!
- Attend a Bible Study on the Book of Jonah – The Monday night Bible study group will be studying the book of Jonah beginning on July 27 at 6:30pm. This is a Zoom study, so if you’d like to join in please contact Pastor Vern to get the link. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help Out Some People – Pastor Daniel is leading a group of our teens on service projects through our Sent Likewise program. If you are a teenager looking for something to do that would help someone out, or if you know of a need someone has that our teens can help with please let Pastor Daniel know at email@example.com. Things that they can help with include yard cleanup, painting, small projects, etc.
- Join a Study on the Holy Spirit – Beginning Thursday July 30 at 7pm Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha will be leading a study on the Holy Spirit. We’ll be reading a book by Jack Deere called Why I Am Still Surprised by the Power of the Spirit. If you’d like to join in you can via Zoom. Contact Pastor Vern or Pastor Marsha (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the link.
- Watch the New Northgate Kids Worship Service – Recently we started offering a new program of on-line worship for children – separating it from our regular church services. Already we are hearing some really good feedback from people on this. Thank you so much for that and thank you to Leah and our team for continuing to figure out ways to speak to the kids during this time. You can find it here: Northgate Kids YouTube Channel
- Attend a Celebrate Recovery Meeting – Pastor Dave leads our CR group and they have been meeting by Zoom. This group meets on Thursday nights and is for anyone who wants to deal with a “hurt, habit or hang-up.” To attend the meeting or get more information contact Pastor Dave at email@example.com.
- Open a BASE Camp Box – Pastor Daniel has been preparing Base Camp Boxes for this summer and those will be available for pickup on August 17th. It will include a t-shirt, stickers, supplies, videos and a live devotional so Base Camp can be enjoyed from home. Registration will be available on our website (northgatefmc.com) or by emailing Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Say Hello to a New Member of Our Northgate Team – I want to introduce Katrina Wilkins to you. Katrina is joining our staff as a Conference Ministerial Candidate. CMCs are people who are preparing for the pastorate and every CMC is appointed to a church for the purposes of helping them to grow and become ready for church leadership. This is an unpaid position, but, interestingly, Katrina has a paying position with our Free Methodist Church Conference. I say “interestingly” because she is in the position that opened up when our own Judy Cornman retired from that position this past year! Welcome Katrina – we’re looking forward to having you serve with us!
- Share a Prayer Concern or Get Involved Caring for Others – Our Northgate Care Team is working very hard to make sure people are cared for and if you have a need or concern that you want some help with you can contact them through Pastor Marsha (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ). We may be physically separated, but we do not have to be relationally separated! Let us know how we can minister to you!
You Can Count on This – John 12:3 – Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. (Read John 12:1-11)
This is a beautiful picture of how much Mary (the sister of Lazarus) loved Jesus. She was willing to give Jesus perhaps the most precious thing she owned: her expensive perfume. She was willing to humble herself before Jesus and pour this perfume on his feet and wipe his feet with her hair. She was willing to do this in front of those who were gathered there for dinner. Mary shows us the kind of devotion we ought to offer Jesus: offering him all that we have, humbly and without shame or embarrassment. And offering this simply because we love Jesus.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.