- Youth Basketball Program Starts This Saturday – Our popular youth basketball program for grades 2-8 starts this Saturday (January 11). This safe, instructional and non-competitive program always bring out a lot of kids and we love providing it! It’s not too late to get involved. You can sign up this Saturday at our South Campus, and even if you miss the first week you can still join. For more information contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Toddler through K-4 Curriculum – Leah Lennon, our Children’s Ministry Director, has been working with her team in the kid’s wing, and have launched a new curriculum. This curriculum will coordinate the learning through all of the early childhood classes, so that toddlers are learning about the same topics as their older siblings. We’re excited about this new curriculum and all that Leah, Kelley, Courtney, Mary, Jen and Katie are doing to help Northgate kids know the love of Jesus. The ministry they are doing is life-changing!
- Introducing Our New Infant Room Coordinator – When Barb Ettinger retired from the Infant Room, we knew replacing her would be difficult. She served very well for many years. We are happy to announce that we have hired her successor, Courtney Marsh, who previously served as our Toddler Room Coordinator. Courtney is a wonderful follower of Jesus who loves children (she’s an elementary school teacher) and is currently expecting her first child. So the Infant Room is a perfect fit for her! Welcome to your new ministry at Northgate, Courtney!
- Snow Camp is Coming Up Soon – Snow Camp is being held at Hickory Hill Camp this year and takes place January 17-19. We’re anticipating a large group, and if you’d like to know more about this weekend contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – We’ve finished our winter break and are ready to dive back in and complete our study in the book of Romans. We’ll be covering chapters 8-16 and everyone is welcome to join in! We meet on Monday nights beginning January 27 at 6:30pm at the North Campus in Room 2/3. If you have any questions contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Grief Share and Divorce Care Groups Are Starting – New sessions of these very helpful groups are beginning this week. Grief Share (for anyone who has ever lost someone they love) started Tuesday at 6pm, but people can join in any time. Divorce Care begins this Saturday at 6pm. There is no cost to participate, and the groups meet at the North Campus in Room #1. For more information contact the church office at email@example.com or 343-4011.
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses – A new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will begin soon! Northgate’s own Krystal Forsyth will facilitate these times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, plan to attend an introductory meeting on January 14 at 5:30pm in Meeting Room 2 (North Campus). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Settling Godly Goals – As we begin a new year, Pastor Marsha will lead a small group discussion on “Setting Godly Goals.” (Meeting Room 1 at 9:30am on January 12 & 19.) Incorporating short video lessons on “The Science of Goals” by Christian Psychologist Dr. Henry Cloud, the sessions are designed to help us more clearly comprehend God’s love and vision for our lives, and to decide what we will do to cooperate. Opportunities for keeping accountable throughout 2020 will also be offered. Sign up in the Guest Lounge, email email@example.com or simply show up and get started!
- Do You Have an Idea for a Small Group? – Pastor Marsha is looking to recruit and prepare some new small group leaders. If you’re interested in leading or helping to lead a small group, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leading/helping lead a group is great way to grow in faith in and in relationship with other followers of Jesus.
- Financial Peace University – The newest session of FPU begins on January 28. This is an extremely helpful and fun program for anyone seeking to get their finances more aligned with God’s desires for us. There is a cost for materials but scholarships are available. You can find more information on FPU on the opening page of our website: northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 23:42 – Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” (Read Luke 23:26-56)
Jesus, remember me. I am the one who confesses my sinfulness.
Jesus, remember me. I am the one who wants to be cleansed and made new.
Jesus, remember me. I am the one who is hurting, alone, afraid, confused.
Jesus, remember me. I am the one who needs something the world doesn’t offer.
Jesus, remember me. I trust you, though doubts sometimes try to creep in.
Jesus, remember me. I believe you died for my sins and were raised to life again.
Jesus, remember me. I love you; help me to love you more.
Jesus, remember me. I know you do.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.