The Top Ten is a little different this week (I always reserve the right to change things up a bit!). Instead of highlighting just 10 things going on at Northgate, I chose to share 13 announcements about places you can get connected at Northgate. Getting connected with others is a practice Jesus modeled and encouraged and we believe it’s vital to our growth. So if you’re looking for connections, check out these opportunities.
And if none of these quite work for you, contact us! Let us help you get connected.
Blessings on your 2018 –
A new year = new beginnings…
FOR KIDS AND YOUTH…
- Youth Basketball – This runs from Saturday, January 6th to Saturday, February 24th (9:00 – 10:15am for 2nd and 3rd graders; 10:15- 11:15am for 4th, 5th and 6th). Cost is just $15 to register. For more information or to ask about volunteering (no basketball experience needed!) you can contact Nate and Julie at 813-4118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bible Trek Starts Again This Weekend – Bible Trek will resume this Sunday, January 7th at 9:30 and 11am. All kids from K-4th grade are invited.
- Snow Camp – Next Gen Director Dan Calkins has booked Circle C camp for January 19-21, 2018 for a Snow Camp. Snow Camp is for all young people between 12 and 18 years old. The cost is $94 (includes all activities, food and lodging.) Registrations will need to be received by January 14th. For more information please contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Women’s Journey – Women’s Journey will begin a new study on 1/10/17. We will be watching the movie- “The Case for Christ” on Wednesday 1/10, at 6:30 PM (Meeting Room 2 at North), followed by the 6 week study of” The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel beginning Wednesday 1/17 @ 7 PM. If you are interested please contact Cricket Johnson (585 815 5356 or email@example.com ) by 1/8/17, so study guides can be ordered.
- New Women’s Bible Study – Hey Ladies! Have you ever felt Less Than, Left Out or Lonely? Well, you are officially Invited! Join Melissa Vanelli for this six-session (bi-weekly) Bible study starting Tuesday, January 16th at 6:30pm (Meeting Room 2 at North). We will be using the book Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst. For more information contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.facebook.com/events/153486131968513/
- Women of the Word – A new 8 week online Women’s Bible Study is beginning Monday, January 15. The topic will be “Made for Community” and will take us on an adventure through both the Old and New Testaments. To sign up contact Patti Chadwick at email@example.com or 585-297-3009 or sign up on the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/50870109
- Saturday AM Men’s Meeting – A new men’s meeting is starting in the North Café on January 6th at 9am. This group is open to all men. They will be discussing Resolution For Men, a book by Randy Alcorn. For more information contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com.
- Wednesday Night Men’s Group – Mike Marsh has begun a weekly men’s group, meeting Wednesdays at 7:00pm, here at the North Campus in Meeting Room 3. All men are invited to join this small group. All men are invited. Mike’s a terrific guy with a great heart for God – come meet him!
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS HELP IN THESE AREAS…
- Caring for Someone With Cancer – Northgate wants to help you with what can be a challenging ministry. There will be a Cancer Care Ministry Training from January 9th through February 27th 2018. This 8-week training will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 at the North Campus. These classes are for individuals looking to serve those living with cancer. To sign up or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Peace – Are you ready to change your financial future? Our next semester of Financial Peace University will be held on Wednesday nights, starting on January 24 from 7-8:30 at our North Campus. You can find the link to register on our website or in the events section on our app. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
- Dealing with Grief – A new session of Grief Share will begin on Tuesday January 30. Meetings will run for 13 weeks on Tuesday Evenings from 6:00 – 7:30. This group is for those who recently lost a loved one would like support during the grieving process. For more information contact the church office (343-4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Healing from Divorce – A new session of Divorce Care will begin Saturday January 27. Meetings will run for 13 weeks from 6:00 – 7:30. This group is for those who recently separated or are divorced and would like support and encouragement. For more information contact the church office (343-4011 or email@example.com)
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE BETTER…
- Pastor Vern’s Monday night “Digging Deeper” Discipleship Group – We will begin meeting again on Monday, February 5th at 6:30pm at the North Campus in Meeting Room 3. We will be studying the book of Acts, using the book, Exalting Jesus in Actsby Tony Merida (available on Amazon in paperback or Kindle editions). All are welcome! For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Count on This – Matthew 16:15 – “ But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” (Read Matthew 16:13-28)
There may not be a more important question than this one. Jesus asks this of his disciples and he asks it of us as well. Each of us has to make our decision about who Jesus is, and what our relationship to him will be. We might consider him a friend, a teacher, a guide through life, a prophet or a good man, and all of that would be true, but it would also be incomplete. The question is, is Jesus our Savior? The One we have put our faith in because he died for our sins and rose from the dead. If he isn’t your Savior yet, this would be a great time to make that your relationship with him. If you need help with that, please speak to a pastor or Christian friend – they’d be glad to help you know Jesus as your Savior!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.