- Retired Men’s Group – A new group for men who are retired is being led by Pastor Mitch starting this coming Tuesday February 4 at 11am. This group is geared toward helping men of retirement age discover what God has in store for them. For more information you can contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com.
- Celebrate Recovery – Last weekend we highlighted our Celebrate Recovery group which meets on Thursday nights at 6:30pm at North. CR is a great support group for people dealing with all kinds of life issues, including anxiety, anger, alcohol, abuse and anything that has or is creating difficulties for someone. All are welcome.
- Save the Date – “IF Gathering” – Ladies – you will want to save the dates of March 27 and 28 for the next “IF Gathering”. We held this video conference for the first time last year and it was very well-received. This is a great opportunity to invite a friend as well. Registration is open on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
- This Changes Everything – Baptism/Dedication Weekend – If you’ve been thinking about getting baptized, or have a child that you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please know that we are planning a “This Changes Everything” weekend for March 7 and 8. Please talk to one of the pastors if you are interested in this, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Northgate 101 (Membership Class) – We have also scheduled our next “Northgate 101” class. This class meets on three consecutive Sunday mornings, March 15, 22 and 29 at 9:30am at North. Pastor John, Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha each take one session and discuss things like how Free Methodism got started, what we believe, the requirements for becoming a member and other topics. This class is required if you want to become a church member, but everyone is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you plan on coming by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses – A new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will begin soon! There will be times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, you can contact Krystal Forsyth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Missions Night – On March 17 we will be welcoming Gerry McNamara and J.R. and Becky Crouse to Northgate for a special missions emphasis evening starting at 6pm. Gerry serves as a missionary in Hungary and works with other missionaries in Europe, and J.R. and Becky serve as missionaries in Ecuador. Northgate supports the work in both places. We’re looking forward to hearing from Gerry, J.R. and Becky about what God is doing in their areas of service and would love to have a good group of people come out to hear them. This will be a dessert event, so if you’d like to make a dessert to share, please let us know in the office (email@example.com). Thanks!
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – We’ve finished our winter break and are once again getting together to continue our study in the book of Romans. We’ll be covering chapters 9-16 on Monday nights at the North Campus in Room 2/3 at 6:30pm. Schedules are at the Information Desk or contact Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next Night of Worship – February 21 is the night of the next evening worship event, in case you’d like to mark your calendars now.
- New Session of the Leadership Academy – The first session of the Leadership Academy being led by Pastor John is getting close to being complete, but a second academy is getting ready to get started onMarch 2. If you are interested in knowing more about this, you can contact Pastor John at email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – John 1:29 – The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (Read John 1:19-51)
John the Baptist is the perfect picture of someone who willingly and passionately does the thing they are appointed by God to do, even though that means encouraging people to look past them and to give the honor to someone else. In a day when it seems many people are working overtime to make a name for themselves, to become known and famous, it’s refreshing to think about someone who wasn’t seeking glory for themselves, but was about pointing people to the One they really needed to know.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.