- Celebrate Recovery – This weekend we are highlighting our Celebrate Recovery group which meets on Thursday nights at 6:30pm at North. CR is a great support group for people dealing with all kinds of life issues, including anxiety, anger, alcohol, abuse and anything that has or is creating difficulties for someone. Please visit the table in the lobby if you would like to know more about CR, or just come next Thursday!
- Save the Date – “IF Gathering” – Ladies – you will want to save the dates of March 27 and 28 for the next “IF Gathering”. We held this video conference for the first time last year and it was very well-received. This is a great opportunity to invite a friend as well. Registration is open on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
- This Changes Everything – Baptism/Dedication Weekend – If you’ve been thinking about getting baptized, or have a child that you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please know that we are planning a “This Changes Everything” weekend for March 7 and 8. Please talk to one of the pastors if you are interested in this, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Northgate 101 (Membership Class) – We have also scheduled our next “Northgate 101” class. This class meets on three consecutive Sunday mornings, March 15, 22 and 29 at 9:30am at North. Pastor John, Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha each take one session and discuss things like how Free Methodism got started, what we believe, the requirements for becoming a member and other topics. This class is required if you want to become a church member, but everyone is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you plan on coming by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Retired Men’s Group – A new group for men who are retired is being led by Pastor Mitch starting Tuesday February 4 at 11am. This group is geared toward helping men of retirement age discover what God has in store for them. For more information on this group you can contact Pastor Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses – A new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will begin soon! There will be times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, you can contact Krystal Forsyth at email@example.com for more information.
- Setting Godly Goals – By popular demand, the “Setting Godly Goals” group will meet for one more session this Sunday, January 26, at 9:30am in Meeting Room 1. In just one hour, you can experience the wise and beautifully filmed teaching of Dr. Henry Cloud on “The Science of Goals.” Pastor Marsha will facilitate the discussion, including an offer of monthly accountability check-ins for *your* godly goals throughout 2020. Contact Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply show up and learn!
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – We’ve finished our winter break and are ready to dive back in and complete our study in the book of Romans. We’ll be covering chapters 8-16 and everyone is welcome to join in! We meet on Monday nights beginning January 27 at 6:30pm at the North Campus in Room 2/3. Schedules are at the Information Desk or contact Vern at email@example.com.
- The Northgate Care Team – This team will meet for fellowship, prayer and planning next Tuesday, January 28, at 5:15pm in the North Campus Cafe. Led by Karen VanWyngaarden, this team meets via email and text throughout the year to pray for and minister to Northgaters’ needs. Current and potentially new team members are invited. Bring your favorite dish to pass. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org information and to let her know you’ll be coming!
- Financial Peace University – The newest session of FPU begins on January 28. This is an extremely helpful and fun program for anyone seeking to get their finances more aligned with God’s desires for us. There is a cost for materials but scholarships are available. You can find more information on FPU on the opening page of our website: northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – John 1:14a – The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. (Read John 1:1-18)
Every time I read this verse I’m moved by it. God became flesh, and came to live among us. Wow.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.