- Congratulations to Next Gen Director Dan Calkins! – We are celebrating in the office this week, because on Monday Dan was approved by the Free Methodist Ministerial Education and Guidance Board (that’s a mouthful, isn’t it? It’s usually shortened to “MEG” Board) to become a Conference Ministerial Candidate – the next step towards ordination. Congratulations, Dan! And blessings as you begin seminary studies this week as well.
- Celebrating Northgaters Going on Mission – While we are celebrating we can also celebrate this: Three of our Northgate people are headed out on mission trips this year, in addition to Pastor Vern and Pastor John who are going to Rwanda in March. Jordyne Amo is going to El Salvador as part of Young Life; Angelo Dispenza is going to Haiti with Mission of Hope; and Lyndsay Debo is going to Kenya through the Free Methodist Quizzing program. This is really exciting and we will be in prayer for each of them as they prepare and go.
- Skating Party for Families – Next Gen Director Dan has made arrangements for any interested people and/or families to come together on Monday, January 15th for a skating party at Falleti’s Ice Rink on Evans St. in Batavia. This skate is from 11:30-12:30pm and the cost is a suggested donation of $5.00, which includes the cost of skate rentals if needed. For more information contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefm.com
- Do You Know of a Teen Mom Who Could Use Some Support? – If you do, please contact Pastor Gloria (Gloria@northgatefmc.com). She’d love to talk with you about our Teen MOPS program that is ready to go. A leadership team has been meeting and preparing to minister to young people who find themselves in this situation, and all we need now are the moms. It can be a long and hard road for young mom to navigate in life, and we’d like to help, so please keep this program, the leaders and the moms in prayer. Thank you.
- Women’s Journey Bible Study – Women’s Journey has just begun a new study focused on being able to understand and defend the truth of who Jesus is. They will be getting together in Meeting Room 2 at North on Wednesday nights at 7pm for the next six weeks studying the book, “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel. If you are interested in joining them please contact Cricket Johnson (585 815 5356 or email@example.com ), so that study guides can be ordered.
- New Women’s Bible Study – Hey Ladies! Have you ever felt Less Than, Left Out or Lonely? Well, you are officially Invited! Join Melissa Vanelli for this six-session (bi-weekly) Bible study starting Tuesday, January 16th at 6:30pm (Meeting Room 2 at North). We will be using the book Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst. For more information contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.facebook.com/events/153486131968513/
- Women of the Word – A new 8 week online Women’s Bible Study is beginning Monday, January 15th. The topic will be “Made for Community” and will take us on an adventure through both the Old and New Testaments. To sign up contact Patti Chadwick at email@example.com or 585-297-3009 or sign up on the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/50870109
- Saturday AM Men’s Meeting – A new men’s meeting is taking place in the North Café on Saturday mornings. The next gathering is January 20th at 9am and this group is open to all men. They will be discussing Resolution For Men, a book by Randy Alcorn. For more information contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com. Also remember there is a Wednesday Night Men’s Group led by Mike Marsh at 7:00pm at the North Campus in Meeting Room 3.
- Caring for Someone With Cancer – Northgate wants to help you with what can be a challenging ministry. There will be a Cancer Care Ministry Training from January 9th through February 27th 2018. This 8-week training will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 at the North Campus. These classes are for individuals looking to serve those living with cancer. To sign up or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Peace – Are you ready to change your financial future? Our next semester of Financial Peace University will be held on Wednesday nights, starting on January 24th from 7-8:30 at our North Campus. You can find the link to register on our website or in the events section on our app. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
More Opportunities to Grow…
- Grief Share – Begins on Tuesday January 30th for 13 weeks from 6-7:30. For more information contact the church office (343-4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Divorce Care – Begins Saturday January 27th for 13 weeks from 6-7:30. For more information contact the church office (343-4011 or email@example.com)
- Monday night “Digging Deeper” Discipleship Group – Begins Monday, February 5th at 6:30pm at the North Campus in Meeting Room 3. We will be studying the book of Acts, using the book, Exalting Jesus in Actsby Tony Merida. For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Count on This – Matthew 17:2 – There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. (Read Matthew 17:1-13)
This scene on the “Mount of Transfiguration” was one that only Peter, James and John got to experience first hand. But thankfully we can “look in” because they shared what they had seen with the others, and Matthew wrote it down. Can you imagine what it would have been like to be there?! While we won’t have that chance, we can one day see Jesus “shining like the sun” if we will trust in him. Just read Revelation 21:9-27 to see what I mean.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.