- Snow Camp is Coming Up! – Base will once again be attending Circle C Snow Camp from March 6-8th! This is an overnight camp filled with awesome games, fellowship and a wonderful spiritual impact. This camp is a lot of fun and a great opportunity for students to grow their relationships with each other, their leaders and students from other churches. The cost of this camp is $95 dollars which covers all expenses and scholarships are available. You can register from our website (northgatefmc.com) and contact Pastor Daniel for more information (email@example.com).
- New Session of the Leadership Academy – The first session of the Leadership Academy being led by Pastor John is getting close to being complete, but a second academy is getting ready to get started on March 2. If you are interested in knowing more about this, you can contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Changes Everything – Baptism/Dedication Weekend – If you’ve been thinking about getting baptized, or have a child that you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please know that we are planning a “This Changes Everything” weekend for March 7 and 8. Please talk to one of the pastors if you are interested in this, or send us an email at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Northgate 101 (Membership Class) – We have scheduled our next “Northgate 101” class. This class meets on three consecutive Sunday mornings, March 15, 22 and 29 at 9:30am at North. Pastor John, Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha each take one session and discuss things like how Free Methodism got started, what we believe, the requirements for becoming a member and other topics. This class is required if you want to become a church member, but everyone is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you plan on coming by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Missions Night – On March 17 we will be welcoming Gerry McNamara and J.R. and Becky Crouse to Northgate for a special missions emphasis evening starting at 6pm. Gerry serves as a missionary in Hungary and works with other missionaries in Europe, and J.R. and Becky serve as missionaries in Ecuador. Northgate supports the work in both places. We’re looking forward to hearing from Gerry, J.R. and Becky about what God is doing in their areas of service and would love to have a good group of people come out to hear them. We’ll also hear from Pastor Mitch and Lynn Sue about the work that’s going on in other areas of Europe.
- This will be a dessert event, so if you’d like to make a dessert to share, please let us know in the office (email@example.com). Thanks!
- Save the Date – “IF Gathering” – Ladies – you will want to save the dates of March 27 and 28 for the next “IF Gathering”. We held this video conference for the first time last year and it was very well-received. Register on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
- Journey to the Cross – We are six weeks away from Easter, and our Easter week services will again begin with the “Journey to the Cross.” Mark your calendars for this family-friendly, “come and go as you like” event which is April 9 from 6-8pm at North.
- United Way Day of Caring – Although the Day of Caring isn’t until May 13 registrations will be due in a few short weeks. Every year the staff of Northgate and members of our congregation participate in this event, where we get to show our love for our community by engaging in some act of service. If you’d like to be a part of this year’s event please let Pastor Vern know at firstname.lastname@example.org. And be sure to leave me your T-Shirt size! Thanks!
- Volunteer Appreciation Picnic – I know this is really early – but you might want to mark your calendar for our Volunteer Appreciation picnic which we are planning for Saturday, May 16, from 4-8pm. This event is open toanyone who volunteers in service to the church. Maybe you serve in the Nursery once a month… you’re invited! Maybe you shovel snow when needed… you’re invited! It doesn’t matter how often you serve or where you serve – if you have helped out anywhere we hope we’ll see you there so we can say “Thank you!”.
- Check Out the New Parent Resource Center! – Leah (our Children’s Ministry Director) has been putting together a great new resource for parents and families. It’s the Parent Resource Center located in the hall across from the Children’s check-in stations. There are books to borrow and handouts on various topics which are free to take. Take a moment and check it out this weekend!
You Can Count on This – John 3:17 – For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (Read John 3:1-21)
John 3:16 is a well-loved verse for good reason. I’ve come to love John 3:17 just as much. Jesus came to bring salvation to the world, not to condemn it. Jesus came to offer us peace with God. Jesus came to lead us out of the darkness and into the light. Jesus came to share God’s love with us. He will come again, and there will be judgment on the world when he does. But that was not the purpose of his first coming. His first coming was all about salvation – and if we receive the salvation he offers, we don’t need to fear the coming judgment.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.