- Northgate 101 (Membership Class) – We have scheduled our next “Northgate 101” class. This class meets on three consecutive Sunday mornings, March 15, 22 and 29 at 9:30am at North. Pastor John, Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha each take one session and discuss things like how Free Methodism got started, what we believe, the requirements for becoming a member and other topics. This class is required if you want to become a church member, but everyone is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you plan on coming by sending an email to email@example.com.
- This Changes Everything – Baptism/Dedication Weekend – If you’ve been thinking about getting baptized, or have a child that you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please know that we are planning a “This Changes Everything” weekend for March 7 and 8. Please talk to one of the pastors if you are interested in this, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Free Skate at Falleti’s Ice Arena – Northgate is sponsoring a free “skate and shoot” at Falleti’s on Sunday February 23 from 7-9pm. This BASE event is open to people of all ages. For more information contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- 4. Check Out the New Parent Resource Center! – Leah (our Children’s Ministry Director) has been putting together a great new resource for parents and families. It’s the Parent Resource Center located in the hall across from the Children’s check-in stations. There are books to borrow and handouts on various topics which are free to take. Take a moment and check it out this weekend!
- Save the Date – “IF Gathering” – Ladies – you will want to save the dates of March 27 and 28 for the next “IF Gathering”. We held this video conference for the first time last year and it was very well-received. This is a great opportunity to invite a friend as well. Registration is open on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses –A meeting for a new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will be held on February 25 at 6pm in Meeting Room 4 at North! This group will focus on times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, you can contact Krystal Forsyth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Missions Night – On March 17 we will be welcoming Gerry McNamara and J.R. and Becky Crouse to Northgate for a special missions emphasis evening starting at 6pm. Gerry serves as a missionary in Hungary and works with other missionaries in Europe, and J.R. and Becky serve as missionaries in Ecuador. Northgate supports the work in both places. We’re looking forward to hearing from Gerry, J.R. and Becky about what God is doing in their areas of service and would love to have a good group of people come out to hear them. This will be a dessert event, so if you’d like to make a dessert to share, please let us know in the office (email@example.com). Thanks!
- United Way Day of Caring – Although the Day of Caring isn’t until May 13 registrations will be due in a few short weeks. Every year the staff of Northgate and members of our congregation participate in this event, where we get to show our love for our community by engaging in some act of service. If you’d like to be a part of this year’s event please let Pastor Vern know at firstname.lastname@example.org. And be sure to leave me your T-Shirt size! Thanks!
- Next Night of Worship – February 21 is the night of the next evening worship event, in case you’d like to mark your calendars now.
- New Session of the Leadership Academy – The first session of the Leadership Academy being led by Pastor John is getting close to being complete, but a second academy is getting ready to get started onMarch 2. If you are interested in knowing more about this, you can contact Pastor John at email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – John 2:17 – His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” (Read John 2:13-25)
Sometimes people are surprised when they read about Jesus causing mayhem in the temple courts. That doesn’t square with their image of a “meek and mild” Jesus! Jesus certainly is gentle and humble. But he’s also passionate about us keeping our worship focus where it ought to be, because what we worship drives the way we live.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.