Note: Christmas is coming! Christmas Eve weekend services will be as follows:
- Saturday, 6pm at North – Worship service led by our Arbor House team
- Sunday (Christmas Eve), 10am at North – One morning service led by Arbor House
- Sunday (Christmas Eve), 5pm Family Service; 7 & 11pm Candlelight/Communion Services
- Youth Basketball – January brings a new year of youth basketball at our South campus, thanks to Nate and Julie Varland and their amazing team of volunteers. This runs from Saturday, January 6th to Saturday, February 24th (9:00 – 10:15am for 2nd and 3rd graders; 10:15- 11:15am for 4th, 5th and 6th). Cost is just $15 to register. Stop by the registration table on December 10th or 17th for more information or to ask about volunteering (no basketball experience needed!) And you can contact Nate and Julie at 813-4118 or email@example.com for more information.
- SEED Table This Weekend – December 9th and 10th you will have the opportunity to purchase items from a SEED table in the lobby. SEED is a Free Methodist ministry that promotes entrepreneurship among people living in places our missionaries are serving. There will be some beautiful handmade items on the table, just in time for gift giving.
- Announcing Our New Pastor of Congregational Care – Last weekend we said “See you later” to Pastor Greg and Jackie. We are sad to see them go, while we celebrate that they will be close to their children and grandchildren. When Pastor Greg announced his leaving to me, I wondered who God might have in mind to attend to all that Greg was responsible for. I believe God has brought us Pastor Marsha Rivers to do that. She was interviewed by me, other staff members and our Delegates, offered the position and prayerfully accepted it. She will begin here on January 2nd. I am excited to welcome Marsha and her family to Northgate, and I think you will be too!
- Great Day of Giving Report – Our “Great Day of Giving Offering” came to $20,514. Thank you to everyone who gave from the heart and with great generosity. We will be able to bless our missionaries serving in various parts of the world, as well as three local groups caring for people. Those local groups (Mercy Flight, Hope Haven and Men’s Warehouse ministries) will each receive $2,279.33 to help them do what they do for others. Thank you for making that happen.
- Ring the Bells – Usually at Christmas time we have a sign up sheet for ringing the bells for the Salvation Army. Unfortunately we do not have a point person for this ministry this year, so we are unable to do that here. (If you’d like to be that point person, please contact Pastor Vern!) But you can still sign up to ring the bells by calling the Salvation Army at 343-6284 and asking for a time to do so. We are happy to support the Salvation Army and the good work they do here in Genesee County!
- BASE is on Facebook – Check BASE Facebook page for photos and announcements and to keep up on what’s happening in our teens programs. And if you’d like to receive a biweekly email with announcements and information please contact Daniel (our Next Gen Director) at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Stay Informed About Northgate’s Kids’ Ministries – We want to keep you in the loop! If you are interested in signing up for an occasional email about Northgate’s Kids’ Ministries to keep you up to date on schedules, programs, and changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org get your email address added to the list.
- Thank you, Karen and the Care Team – Northgate has a wonderful team of laypeople who make it their primary mission to care for others. They pray, take meals, do visits, send cards, make calls and in these ways and others they try to ensure that people with a physical, spiritual or emotional need are cared about. This is a critical ministry in our church and we are thankful to Karen VanWyngaarden for leading it. If you’d like to be involved, know more about the Team, or have a need you want them to know about, you can contact Karen at email@example.com.
- Thank you, Dan and all our Youth Leaders – Thank you for loving our teens. And parents, Next Gen Director Dan Calkins has booked Circle C camp for January 19-21, 2018 for a Snow Camp. Snow Camp is for all young people between 12 and 18 years old. The cost is $94 and that includes all activities, food and lodging for the weekend. Registrations will need to be received by January 14th. For more information please contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Help Out Our Parking Lot Guys – We have a committed team of parking lot guys who help direct traffic in and out of our parking lot each week, and they’ve asked us for some help. We know some of you have preferences for where you park, and we’d like to help you get there! You can help them help you by using your turn signal to indicate which direction you’d like to go in the parking lot. Finger pointing is hard to see through snowy, wet, sun-glared windows! Thank you!
You Can Count on This – Matthew 15:37 – They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. (Read Matthew 15:29-39)
This event has become more and more meaningful to me the more I’ve read it. One of the things God has been teaching me from it is that while what I have may not be much (money, talent, etc.) he only asks me to bring him what I have. And then he does things with it that I could never do on my own, and that leads to good things (satisfied, with leftovers). Don’t waste time bemoaning what you don’t have to offer Jesus; just offer him what you do and let him take it from there!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.