- Mission Life: SEED Table– This weekend the SEED Table will be set up at North.SEED products are hand-made by people living in places where we have Free Methodist missionaries serving. By purchasing SEED products you are helping people to improve their standard of living and share the love of Christ. Please stop by the table and see if there is anything you’d like to give as a gift to someone this Christmas!
- Community Life: Service of Remembrance– This year we are again hosting the Service of Remembrance sponsored by H.E. Turner and Co. This service is open to all and is a time to remember people we love who have passed away, whether in the past year, or in prior years. Pastor Marsha will preside over this candlelight service, which is on Wednesday, 12/12 at 7pm. If you’d like to have a candle available to light for a loved one, please call Turner’s at 343-8868.
- Community Life: Bible Trek Christmas Party/Kid Drop– The Bible Trek kids will have their Christmas party on Saturday, 12/22, from 5:30 – 7:30pm. This will also serve as a “Kid Drop” for those who want to go to dinner, or finish some last minute Christmas shopping. We do ask that you pre-register though, so that we can be ready for the number of kids who will be at the party! You can do that down at the Bible Trek area on Sunday.
- Group Life: 40 Days of Community– Pastor Marsha is seeking some people willing to host a small group in January, or be a small group leader for our “Woven: 40 Days of Community” series. An informational meeting will be held Sunday, Dec. 9th at 11 a.m. in Meeting Room 4. Please attend if you are interested in leading a Woven small group for 6 sessions starting the week of Jan. 9th. Contact Pastor Marsha with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-343-4011.
- Community Life: FED Talks at Arbor House– Next Week’s FED Talk at Arbor House is Thursday, 12/13 at 6pm. Come on out for a simple meal and a conversation with Tasha Newman and Todd Rapp on “How to Have Respectful Conversations When You’re on Different Ends of the Political Spectrum”. For more information contact Pastor Chris at email@example.com.
- Family Life: “Weekend to Remember”– Family Life is offering a “Weekend to Remember” from March 29th– 31stat the Buffalo Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a retreat for married couples and a time to “escape the distractions of life and focus on their relationship.” If you go to weekendtoremember.com or call 1-800-358-6329 to register, mention that you are registering under “Northgate Friends” and you will save $100 on the registration fee.
- Community Life: Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m. The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus and then heads out to various community locations to pray. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Community Life: Women’s Journey– The Wednesday night women’s bible study has just begun an Advent Study at their 7pm gathering. The study is called “Awaiting the Already – An Advent Journey Through the Gospels” by Magrey deVega. Please contact Cricket Johnson @ 585-815-5356 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more information. Thanks!
- Community Life: Men’s Group– The Wednesday evening Men’s Group (7pm at North) is starting a study of the manhood as modeled by Jesus through “33 The Series”.For more information contact Mike Marsh at email@example.com.
- Community Life: Hillsong Concert– I know many of you enjoy the music of Hillsong UNITED (think of “Oceans” for example; Tara does such a great job with that song too!). The group is coming to Toronto on June 27thof next year, and some of our people are already planning to go. If you want more information on this go to https://hillsong.com/united/.
You Can Count on This – Luke 1:4 – “…so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.” – (Read Luke 1:1-25)
Perfect timing! As we get nearer to Christmas, we get to read the account of Jesus’ birth over the next few weeks. I never get tired of reading this portion of scripture – my relationship with Jesus has changed my life in so many ways and I am so grateful to God for helping me to know Jesus and to trust him. We can also trust this account of the birth of Jesus, because God used faithful people to investigate and record what was experienced by those who were eyewitnesses to the events, people like Luke. I hope you will enjoy taking some time to read this portion of scripture and to meditate on all that God has done, and is doing in the world and in your life.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.