[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/12″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”10/12″][vc_column_text]
Merry Christmas Everyone! If I don’t get to connect with you at one of our Christmas Eve weekend services, please know that I pray you will have a blessed, encouraging Christmas. Jesus came to share his love with you… may you receive it now and always! Pastor Vern
- Youth Basketball – January brings a new year of youth basketball at our South campus, thanks to Nate and Julie Varland and their amazing team of volunteers. This runs from Saturday, January 6th to Saturday, February 24th (9:00 – 10:15am for 2nd and 3rd graders; 10:15- 11:15am for 4th, 5th and 6th). Cost is just $15 to register. For more information or to ask about volunteering (no basketball experience needed!) you can contact Nate and Julie at 813-4118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No Bible Trek Until January – Bible Trek will resume on January 7th. Thank you to everyone who pitched in to help, lead, serve and disciple some of our youngest church people! We appreciate each and every one of you!
- If You Care for Someone With Cancer – Northgate wants to help you with what can be a challenging ministry. There will be a Cancer Care Ministry Training from January 9th through February 27th 2018. This 8-week training will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30. These classes are for individuals looking to serve those living with cancer. To sign up or for more information please email email@example.com
- Snow Camp – Next Gen Director Dan Calkins has booked Circle C camp for January 19-21, 2018 for a Snow Camp. Snow Camp is for all young people between 12 and 18 years old. The cost is $94 and that includes all activities, food and lodging for the weekend. Registrations will need to be received by January 14th. For more information please contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Arbor House Gives a Cow To Gahanda – Thank you to the congregation of Arbor House for raising the funds to send a cow to our friends in Gahanda! Just before hearing that this had happened I received an email from our ICCM partners letting us know that just two more cows would enable them to provide enough milk for all the students at school. We are now one more cow closer, thanks to Arbor House! Thank you!
- Saturday AM Men’s Meeting – A new men’s meeting is starting at North on January 6th at 9am. This group is open to all men. They will be discussing Resolution For Men, a book by Randy Alcorn. For more information contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com. And if Saturdays don’t work for you, remember we have a Wednesday night men’s group at North at 7pm led by Mike Marsh, and that’s open to all men as well.
- Announcing Our New Pastor of Congregational Care – We are looking forward to welcoming Pastor Marsha Rivers to our staff on January 2nd. Please pray for Marsha and her family as they make the transition from their current church to our Northgate family.
- BASE is on Facebook – Check the BASE Facebook page for photos and announcements and to keep up on what’s happening in our teens programs. And if you’d like to receive a biweekly email with announcements and information please contact Daniel (our Next Gen Director) at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Bible Reading Plan for 2018 – A new year means, for many people, a new start at reading the Bible. I came across a Bible Reading plan that I plan to use this year. It’s a plan for reading through the Bible in a year, and it puts the readings in chronological order that helps with the understanding. And it’s free! If you want to download a copy for your use you can find it here:
- New Connection/Prayer Cards – We have redone our Connection Cards/Prayer Cards, and we’re in the process of making them better, but Pastor Vern goofed by not including a “Name/Contact Info” line on the first batch printed. Please let us know who you are, if you’d like us to be in contact with you. Thanks!
Also: It’s that time of year when snow closures may happen. If Northgate closes we’ll put it on our website, APP, phone message and local television stations. If you have a question about whether or not we’re open, you should be able to get the answer one of those places, but if you don’t we also have an emergency phone number that staff responds to, and that number is also on our answering machine. Thanks!
You Can Count on This – Isaiah 9:6 – For to us a child is born, to us a son is given. And the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
We’ve been camped out on this verse during Advent this year. It’s a prophecy of Jesus’ coming and it’s a description of who Jesus is. May he be the One who gives to you wisdom, protection, love and peace this year and always.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.