- Mission Life: Donut Delivery– Suzy wants to thank everyone who signed up to deliver donuts on Christmas Eve. I believe there were over 40 slots filled, meaning we’ll deliver more than 40 dozen donuts to people who are working on Christmas Eve! I love hearing from people who tell about how much they and/or their children enjoy making those deliveries. And what a simple way to say, “God loves you.” (P.S. – If you are on the list to deliver please be at the church at 11am on 12/24. Thanks!)
- Mission Life: Bell Ringers– Suzy would also like to thank everyone who rang the bells for the Salvation Army. You helped them make progress toward their campaign goals and it’s very much appreciated. The Salvation Army does good work in our community and we’re glad to support their ministry.
- Community Life: Bible Trek Christmas Party/Kid Drop– The Bible Trek kids will have their Christmas party on Saturday, 12/22, from 5:30 – 7:30pm. This will also serve as a “Kid Drop” for those who want to go to dinner, or finish some last minute Christmas shopping. If you’d like to bring a child to this event, and haven’t already registered, you can still do so by emailing Katie Zimmerman at Katie@northgatefmc.com. This will help us be prepared!
- Group Life: 40 Days of Community– The New Year will bring a new message series called “Woven: 40 Days of Community,” corresponding with topics presented by Rick Warren – a follow-up to his popular “Purpose-Drive Life.” Several of our existing small groups will be covering the “Woven” material for the first 6 weeks of the year (starting Jan. 5/6 – Feb. 9/10), and a number of NEW small groups also will meet during this time. What a wonderful opportunity to grow with each other and dig deeper into God’s Word to begin 2019! Sign up for NEW Groups at the Information Desk or the Guest Lounge for one the following days and locations (addresses will be provided to participants):
- Mondays @ 6:30pm at the home of Rick & Sara Kent in LeRoy
- Tuesdays @ 6:30pm at Northgate/North, Meeting Room 2, hosted by Judi Piscitello
- Wednesdays @ 12noon – online – Pastor Marsha hosting via ZOOM (link will be provided)
- Thursdays @ 6:30pm with Pastor Vern & Deb Saile
- Fridays @ 6:00pm at the home of Pastor Dan & Deanna Calkins in Attica
- Office Closed– Please be aware that the office will be closed between Christmas and New Years, reopening on January 2nd.Pastors will be available if there is an emergency and can be reached via the emergency phone number (585-409-8325).
- Family Life: “Weekend to Remember”– Family Life is offering a “Weekend to Remember” from March 29th– 31stat the Buffalo Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a retreat for married couples and a time to “escape the distractions of life and focus on their relationship.” If you go to weekendtoremember.com or call 1-800-358-6329 to register, mention that you are registering under “Northgate Friends” and you will save $100 on the registration fee.
- Community Life: Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m. The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus also. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Community Life: Mens/Womens Groups– On Wednesday nights Mike Marsh leads a small group in a Men’s study, and at the same time Cricket Seward leads a small group for women. Both meet at 7pm at North (the men in Room #3 and the women in Room #2).
- Mission Life: Puerto Rico Team– A group of Northgaters are scheduled to leave for Puerto Rico on January 22ndfor a week of mission work. Please pray for Rosalina, Angelo, Rich, Dan, Brian, Chip, Sierra and Michelle as they finish up their planning and go down to help with reconstruction made necessary by the damage done when hurricane Maria swept through in September of 2017.
- Community Life: Women’s Night of Worship– Ladies – mark the date of January 30thon your calendars. This will be the next women’s night of worship at Northgate (North Campus).
You Can Count on This – Luke 1:76 – And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him. (Read Luke 1:57-80)
This section of scripture is about the birth of John the Baptist, the cousin of Jesus whose purpose in life was to prepare people for to receive Jesus. Though he had a particular call to this mission, it’s also the call of all of us who call ourselves followers of Jesus. We are all to “prepare the way for him” by sharing his love and compassion wherever we can, and by not being shy about our love, faith and trust in Jesus. Don’t be shy this week about letting people know why you celebrate Christmas!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.