- Opportunity to Bless Our Missionaries and Their Work in Hungary – Christianity in Europe is in severe decline, and our missionaries in Hungary are working to reverse that trend. Unfortunately, their financial support has decreased this year and they are struggling to meet their needs. A Free Methodist Church in Ohio has offered to match contributions made to the Hungary mission team up to $7,500. If you’d like to bless this effort you can make your donation online at https://give.fmcusa.org/hungary.
- Coming in January – New Toddler through K-4 Curriculum – Leah Lennon, our Children’s Ministry Director, has been working with her team in the kid’s wing, getting ready to launch a new curriculum in January. This curriculum will coordinate the learning through all of the early childhood classes, so that toddlers are learning about the same topics as their older siblings. We’re excited about this new curriculum and all that Leah, Kelley, Courtney, Mary, Jen and Katie are doing to help Northgate kids know the love of Jesus. The ministry they are doing is life-changing!
- Introducing Our New Infant Room Coordinator – When Barb Ettinger retired from the Infant Room, we knew replacing her would be difficult. She served very well for many years. We are happy to announce that we have hired her successor, Courtney Marsh, who previously served as our Toddler Room Coordinator. Courtney is a wonderful follower of Jesus who loves children (she’s an elementary school teacher) and is currently expecting her first child. So the Infant Room is a perfect fit for her! Welcome to your new ministry at Northgate, Courtney!
- Youth Basketball Program Starting Up January 11 – Our popular youth basketball program for grades 2-8 will be starting up in a few weeks. This safe, instructional and non-competitive program always bring out a lot of kids and we love providing it! Sign-ups are available at North following services on 12/22 & 1/5, or on-line at northgatefmc.com. For more information contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com.
- Snow Camp is Coming Up Soon – Snow Camp is being held at Hickory Hill Camp this year and takes place January 17-19. We’re anticipating a large group, and if you’d like to know more about this weekend contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Worship Night in January – There’s going to be a Women’s Worship Night on Friday, January 17 from 6:30-8:30. Childcare for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers will be provided for this night as well. Invite a friend and come out to North for a night of beautiful music and song!
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses – A new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will begin soon! Northgate’s own Krystal Forsyth will facilitate these times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, plan to attend an introductory meeting on January 14 at 5:30pm in Meeting Room 2 (North Campus). Email email@example.com more information.
- Settling Godly Goals – For the first three weeks of the new year, Pastor Marsha will lead a small group discussion on “Setting Godly Goals.” (Meeting Room 1 at 9:30am on Jan. 5, 12 & 19.) Incorporating short video lessons on “The Science of Goals” by Christian Psychologist Dr. Henry Cloud, the sessions are designed to help us more clearly comprehend God’s love and vision for our lives, and to decide what we will do to cooperate. Attend one, two, or all three sessions. Opportunities for keeping accountable throughout 2020 will also be offered. Sign up in the Guest Lounge, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply show up and get started!
- Do You Have an Idea for a Small Group? – Pastor Marsha is looking to recruit and prepare some new small group leaders. If you’re interested in leading or helping to lead a small group, please contact her at email@example.com. Leading/helping lead a group is great way to grow in faith in and in relationship with other followers of Jesus.
- The ARC Has Positions Available – As a church we are happy to support the good work of the ARC of Genesee Orleans. Groups use our building each week and it’s a joy to interact with the clients and staff. The ARC currently has a number of positions open – full-time, part-time and relief positions. If you are interested in exploring work at the ARC you can call 343-1123 for more information.
You Can Count on This – Luke 23:9 – He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. (Read Luke 23:1-25)
I never really thought about this verse too much before. But it stood out to me this morning as I read this passage over. Herod wanted to see Jesus (verse 8) but apparently what he really wanted to see was a show (“a sign of some sort”). He wasn’t seeking to meet with Jesus because he was sincerely wanting to know who Jesus was, but rather because he wanted to see Jesus “perform.” So when he “plies” Jesus with questions, Jesus stays silent. Jesus is under no obligation to respond to us if we approach him insincerely. But if we come to him genuinely wanting to know who he is, and wanting relationship with him, we can be sure that he will respond to us and while we may not get all our questions answered right away, we’ll get something better than that – we’ll get the offer of a relationship with the Son of God!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.