Christmas Eve weekend services will be as follows:
- Saturday, 6pm at North – Worship service led by our Arbor House team
- Sunday (Christmas Eve), 10am at North – One morning service led by Arbor House
- Sunday (Christmas Eve), 5pm Family Service; 7 & 11pm Candlelight/Communion Services
- Youth Basketball – January brings a new year of youth basketball at our South campus, thanks to Nate and Julie Varland and their amazing team of volunteers. This runs from Saturday, January 6th to Saturday, February 24th (9:00 – 10:15am for 2nd and 3rd graders; 10:15- 11:15am for 4th, 5th and 6th). Cost is just $15 to register. Stop by the registration table this Sunday, December 17th at North Campus for more information or to ask about volunteering (no basketball experience needed!) And you can contact Nate and Julie at 813-4118 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Donut Delivery – Thanks to Suzy and Louis for leading donut delivery on Christmas Eve this year. This is a fun way to bless people who have to work that day – all you have to do is deliver a box of donuts on your way home after the 10am (note the special time) service on the morning of Christmas Eve. If you’d like to participate, please sign up at the Information Desk.
- Last Week of Bible Trek Until January – This is the last weekend of Bible Trek for 2017. This will resume on January 7th. Thank you to everyone who pitched in to help, lead, serve and disciple some of our youngest church people! We appreciate each and every one of you!
- SEED Table – This is also the last weekend to stop by the Seed table, where you can purchase items that promote entrepreneurship among people living in places our missionaries are serving. There will be some beautiful handmade items on the table, just in time for gift giving.
- If You Care for Someone With Cancer – Northgate wants to help you with what can be a challenging ministry. There will be a Cancer Care Ministry Training from January 9th through February 27th 2018. This 8-week training will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30. These classes are for individuals looking to serve those living with cancer. To sign up or for more information please email email@example.com
- Urgent Need for Bell Ringers – The Salvation Army has sent us a notice that they are in urgent need of people to ring bells for them next week (the week of 12/17). If you can help with this you can call Susan, the Red Kettle Coordinator, at 585-944-2854. Thanks for your help!
- Announcing Our New Pastor of Congregational Care – We are looking forward to welcoming Pastor Marsha Rivers to our staff. She will be assuming the responsibilities that Pastor Greg had before he and Jackie moved south to be closer to family. I interviewed Marsha, along with other staff members and our Delegates, and we gladly offered her the position, which she prayerfully accepted. She will begin here on January 2nd. Please pray for Marsha and her family as they make the transition from their current church to our Northgate family.
- BASE is on Facebook – Check the BASE Facebook page for photos and announcements and to keep up on what’s happening in our teens programs. And if you’d like to receive a biweekly email with announcements and information please contact Daniel (our Next Gen Director) at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Stay Informed About Northgate’s Kids’ Ministries – We want to keep you in the loop! If you are interested in signing up for an occasional email about Northgate’s Kids’ Ministries to keep you up to date on schedules, programs, and changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org get your email address added to the list.
- Snow Camp – Next Gen Director Dan Calkins has booked Circle C camp for January 19-21, 2018 for a Snow Camp. Snow Camp is for all young people between 12 and 18 years old. The cost is $94 and that includes all activities, food and lodging for the weekend. Registrations will need to be received by January 14th. For more information please contact Dan at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
You Can Count on This – Matthew 16:6 – “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” (Read Matthew 16:1-12)
Jesus issues this warning twice in this passage (verses 6 and 11). This comes after the Pharisees and Sadducees had come asking him to give some kind of proof of his connection with heaven (v.1). Jesus’ warning seems in part a warning against letting skepticism and arrogance blind us to the reality and presence of God. God has given us evidence of his presence among us, if we will only see what is before us, in the same way we can see a red sky and make a judgment about what kind of day it will be. Look for the evidence of God today!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.