- Worship Life: Christmas Eve Services–We’re getting ready for our Christmas Eve services which are less than two weeks away. We will be holding three services on December 24thincluding our 5pm Children’s/Family service called “A Birthday for a King”, and which is specifically designed to be appealing and meaningful to children. At 7pm and 11pm we will hold communion/candle-lighting services more appropriate for older children and adults. We are looking forward to being with you are one of our celebrations of the birth of Jesus!
- Community Life: Bible Trek Christmas Party/Kid Drop– The Bible Trek kids will have their Christmas party on Saturday, 12/22, from 5:30 – 7:30pm. This will also serve as a “Kid Drop” for those who want to go to dinner, or finish some last minute Christmas shopping. We do ask that you pre-register though, so that we can be ready for the number of kids who will be at the party! You can do that down at the Bible Trek area on Sunday.
- Kids Life: Youth Basketball– Our popular children’s basketball program starts up again on January 12thand runs through March 2nd.This is held at our South Campus and is open to boys and girls from 2ndgrade through 6thgrade. The cost is just $15 and you can register your child/children at the table in the foyer of the North Campus, or call the office at 343-4011. You can also email us at email@example.com.
- Group Life: 40 Days of Community– There’s still time to sign up to host a small group in January, or to be a small group leader for our “Woven: 40 Days of Community”series. Please contact Pastor Marsha if you are interested in learning more about this. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-343-4011.
- Kids Life: Children’s Christmas Service at Arbor House– Arbor House is holding its Children’s Christmas service on Sunday 12/23 at 10am (South Campus). After the service there will be a meal which is open to all.
- Family Life: “Weekend to Remember”– Family Life is offering a “Weekend to Remember” from March 29th– 31stat the Buffalo Hyatt Regency Hotel. This is a retreat for married couples and a time to “escape the distractions of life and focus on their relationship.” If you go to weekendtoremember.com or call 1-800-358-6329 to register, mention that you are registering under “Northgate Friends” and you will save $100 on the registration fee.
- Community Life: Women’s Night of Worship– A special “Women’s Night of Worship” is being planned for Wednesday, January 30that our North Campus. Please mark it on your calendar if you’re interested in coming and pray about who you might like to invite to join you!
- Community Life: Wednesday Prayer Groups– You are invited to join with others to pray for our church and community on Wednesdays at 1 and 6 p.m.The 1 p.m. Prayer Group prays for one hour in Meeting Room 3 at North Campus. The 6 p.m. Prayer Group meets at North Campus and then heads out to various community locations to pray. If weather allows, this group often goes on a prayer walk as well. We’d love to include you in either of these prayer opportunities!
- Mission Life: Puerto Rico Team– A group of Northgaters are scheduled to leave for Puerto Rico on January 22ndfor a week of mission work. Please pray for Rosalina, Angelo, Rich, Dan, Brian, Chip, Sierra and Michelle as they finish up their planning and go down to help with reconstruction made necessary by the damage done when hurricane Maria swept through in September of 2017.
- Community Life: Hillsong Concert– I know many of you enjoy the music of Hillsong UNITED (think of “Oceans” for example; Tara does such a great job with that song too!). The group is coming to Toronto on June 27thof next year, and some of our people are already planning to go. If you want more information on this go to https://hillsong.com/united/.
You Can Count on This – Luke 1:37, 45 – “For no word from God will every fail.” “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” (Read Luke 1:26-56)
The first of these verses is a word of promise from the angel Gabriel to Mary when he announced that Mary would bear God’s Son. The second verse is a word of praise from Elizabeth to Mary when Mary visited her shortly afterwards and shared her amazing news. Together these verses encourage us to know that God’s promises are sure things – what God says He will accomplish, God will accomplish, and that we are most blessed when we believe that truth. I wonder how many of God’s blessings we may have missed, because we doubted God’s word? How much anxiety and trouble have we brought on ourselves because we didn’t trust that God will “fulfill his promises”? Let’s live in faith and trust in the God whose word will never fail.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.