- Group Life: Marriage– “Making Marriage Work” is a four-part series taught by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott. This series aims to “provide the biblical tools couples need to cultivate their relationship, grow through hardships and develop a deeper spiritual intimacy.” The group begins on Sunday, October 14thand runs for four consecutive Sundays from 6 – 7:15pm. There is no cost for attending the group, which is open to all dating, engaged and married couples. Childcare will be provided (please sign up in advance at the Information Desk). For more information contact Pastor Gloria (email@example.com) or Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Life: Prime-Timers– Our 55 years old and older group is beginning their year of lunches again on Thursday, September 13that noon.These are pot luck lunches and last an hour or so, and are wonderful times of fellowship and sharing. If you meet the age criteria (or just enjoy the fellowship of those who do) you are welcome to come out and join in.
- Community Life: All Babies Cherished Banquet– The annual fundraising banquet for All Babies Cherished is coming up on Thursday, September 27that 7pm (Quality Inn, Batavia). A meal is provided at no cost, and the theme is “Love, Advocate, Live in Freedom.” There will be an opportunity to offer financial support to this ministry. If you’d like to attend, please RSVP to 344-5660 by September 10th. And maybe consider getting a group together to go.
- Celebrating: Going Beyond…– I am celebrating a member of our church who went above and beyond this past weekend. This person provided transportation to a GCC student to come to church, sat with them in church, and then took them to lunch afterwards! They then invited that student back and offered transportation to her and up to four of her friends! That’s service that needs to be celebrated, and imitated! Thank you!
- Group Life: Men– Guys, if you are looking for a place to connect with other men once a week, check out the Wednesday night Men’s Bible Study – “Ignite”. This group meets at 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North and is beginning a study of the gospel of John. All guys are welcome. For more information contact Mike Marsh at email@example.com.
- Group Life: Financial Peace– A new semester of Financial Peace University is starting on Tuesday, September 18that 7pm at North. You can register on-line (find the link on our website, northgatefmc.com) or from our app. And if you have questions, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: Ephaste to Speak on the Rwandan Genocide– Our liaison with our Connected Community in Rwanda is the ICCM Director for Africa – Ephaste. He will be visiting us from September 13th– 17th, and on Friday night, September 14thhe will share from his experience as a young man surviving the genocide of 1994. This will be a campfire event (near the pavilion at North – in case of bad weather we’ll move it inside) and begins at 7pm. All are invited to attend. For more information click on this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8gcr4tbbhet44i/Ephaste%20Bonfire%20Video.m4v?dl=0
- Group Life: Divorce Care– If you’ve experienced the pain of a divorce, Divorce Care may be able to help. This 13-week group looks at healing from a Christian perspective and is a place for finding support and encouragement, and to discover that you do not have to do this alone. The next session of Divorce Care begins 9/22 at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 (North). For more information, contact the church office at 343-4011.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS program will be starting up again on September 25th, and the leaders are already meeting and getting ready for another great year. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. MOPS is one of the terrific things that happens at Northgate and if you want to be part of the Team, or if you want information on how to be involved as a Mom, you can talk to Pastor Gloria (email@example.com) or Pastor Marsha (firstname.lastname@example.org) about that.
- Group Life: Bible Quizzing– The information meeting for our renewed Bible Quizzing program was a great success… eight of your teens signed up to be part of this year’s quiz team! It’s never too late for others to join in. For more information you can email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Mark 7:14-15 – Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” (Read Mark 7:1-37)
Is it a good idea to wash your hands before you eat? Absolutely! Is it even more important that we invite God to cleanse our insides? Yes!! And the only way that happens is when we ask God to forgive our sins because of what Jesus has done for us, and allow Jesus to purify us and make us new people, with new hearts. If you haven’t done that, please do, and if you need to talk about it, please ask!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.