- 2018 Northern Europe Prayer Journey – You are invited to be part of a Prayer Journey, April 25 – May 8, 2018. Meet our European Free Methodist missionaries and churches, and explore the major cities of the northern region of central Europe – London, Paris, Brussels, Oostende, Bruges, Budapest and Gyor. Share the company of Yvonne and Bishop Roller, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce, Larry Winkles and Gerry McNamara. Europe is in desperate need of the gospel, and this will be an opportunity to learn more about that, and discover what God would have us do. For more information, you can contact Pastor Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome Back, Stephen and Linny! – The Emanueles have returned from their short-term mission trip to Brussels and Oostende where they learned about the state of the churches there. They are now forming a plan for reviving the evangelical churches in those places, which Stephen believes will begin with periodic trips to Belgium to do pastor/leader training. Please be in prayer as they consider their next steps and pray for the churches in Belgium, and our Free Methodist missionary who oversees them, Gerry McNamara.
- Set Free Conference – Set Free Weekend is 9/23 & 24. Along with Valley Chapel (Warsaw) Free Methodist we are planning a morning workshop addressing issues of human trafficking on Saturday 9/23, from 8:15am to 12:15pm. We have a full slate of speakers and breakouts planned and there is no registration fee or need to register – just plan to come! One of the speakers, Ildiko Kober, a Set Free Coordinator from Hungary will be with us that morning, and also at the services at North on Saturday and Sunday. I hope you’ll join us for this important weekend.
- Women’s Journey Bible Study will begin anew Wednesday 9/13@ 7PM in A2 (North). The group meets weekly and is open to all women who desire to learn, grow in their walk with God, pray and fellowship with each other. The initial study will be Pricilla Shirer’s “Discerning the Voice Of God.” Please contact Cricket Johnson-Seward at email@example.com or call/text 585 815 5356 by Tuesday 9/5 so materials can be ordered.
- Missions Meeting – The Missions Team will meet this Sunday at 12:30pm (Room A2 at North). Anyone interested in being part of this Team is welcome to attend. Attendance doesn’t mean signing up to go on a short-term mission trip – this team’s focus is on how Northgate can advance our world mission awareness and activities. Your input is needed! For more information, contact Julie Worthington (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern.
- Have a Car to Donate? – One of the International Students we have been ministering to is in need of a good, used car. It just might be that you have one and you’ve been looking for a home for it! If so, please contact Pastor Gloria at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Change in Youth Director Position – On August 21st, following much prayer and discussion, the decision was made for Sean and Northgate to part ways. This was an amicable separation, and we celebrate Sean’s ministry at Northgate and the foundation for the youth program that he has laid. We wish him God’s blessings on his future endeavors and his next steps. We encourage you to pray for Sean, and also ask that you would pray for Northgate as we move forward. It is our hope and prayer that this move will be beneficial in the long-term to both Sean and Northgate. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to call me, or Pastor John.
- Arbor House Ministers to International Students – Our Arbor House team delivered 90 “Welcome to the Community” bags for GCC International students this week. Reaching out to these international students is one of the missions on the heart of the Arbor House leadership. Please pray for God to be at work in this!
- All Babies Cherished Fundraising Banquet – You are invited to the Quality Inn on Park Rd., Batavia, on September 28th at 7pm to hear Melissa Ohden speak about being a survivor of a failed abortion. In addition to hearing her story you will enjoy a fine meal (at no cost) and have an opportunity to donate to the ministry of All Babies Cherished. Reservations are needed by September 1st, so why not talk to some friends and fill a table? For more information or to RSVP contact All Babies Cherished at 344-5660.
- Small Groups Open to New Members – Warren (“Woody”) and Sandy Wood hold a Thursday evening, 7pm, Bible study at their home (9145 Creek Rd. Batavia). People are welcome to join them. For more information, you can call Woody at 716-560-1807.
And Mike Marsh has begun a weekly men’s group, using Right Now Media resources on Wednesdays at 7:00pm, here at the church in Meeting Room 1. All men are invited to join this small group. For more information on that, you can contact Pastor Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Count on This – Matthew 12:13-14 – Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus. (Read MT 12:1-14)
Why is it that some people are so dead set against doing what is good and right? Why do some people seem to delight in finding something to be unhappy about? There are probably many reasons, but we can be sure of this: Jesus knows what it’s like to show love and compassion to some, and have that be offensive to others. When that happens to us, we can take comfort in knowing that Jesus understands!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.