- Sending: Stephen and Linny Emanuele– We are excited and saddened to announce that Stephen and Linny Emanuele will be leaving us in order to accept a position at a Free Methodist church in Dansville, Michigan, where Stephen will serve as pastor. Congratulations to Stephen and Linny – they have been a very active part of our church life and will be missed, but will surely be used by God to do wonderful things in Dansville! Blessings to you Pastor Stephen and Linny!
- Group Life: Men– Guys, if you are looking for a place to connect with other men once a week, check out the Wednesday night Men’s Bible Study – “Ignite”. This group meets at 7pm in Meeting Room #3 at North and is beginning a study of the gospel of John. All guys are welcome. For more information contact Mike Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Life: Ephaste to Speak on the Rwandan Genocide– Our liaison with our Connected Community in Rwanda is the ICCM Director for Africa – Ephaste. He will be visiting us from September 13th– 17th, and on Friday night, September 14thhe will share from his experience as a young man surviving the genocide of 1994. This will be a campfire event (near the pavilion at North – in case of bad weather we’ll move it inside) and begins at 7pm. All are invited to attend. For more information click on this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8gcr4tbbhet44i/Ephaste%20Bonfire%20Video.m4v?dl=0
- Group Life: Leaders and Potential Leaders– With the new Northgate year kicking off in early September, Pastor Marsha will be hosting a time of fellowship, instruction, and inspiration for Northgate Group Leaders onWednesday, August 29th, at 6:00pm at the Cafe, North Campus. This gathering is for past, present, and potential group leaders, so if you have an interest in learning more about leading a group, please come! Pizza and pop will be provided. Feel free to bring a side dish to share. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Group Life: Financial Peace– A new semester of Financial Peace University is starting on Tuesday, September 18that 7pm at North. You can register on-line (find the link on our website, northgatefmc.com) or from our app. And if you have questions, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Life: Divorce Care– If you’ve experienced the pain of a divorce, Divorce Care may be able to help. This 13-week group looks at healing from a Christian perspective and is a place for finding support and encouragement, and to discover that you do not have to do this alone. The next session of Divorce Care begins 9/22 at 6pm in Meeting Room #1 (North). For more information, contact the church office at 343-4011.
- Community Life: MOPS– Our MOPS program will be starting up again on September 25th, and the leaders are already meeting and getting ready for another great year. This year’s theme is “Find Your Fire” based on Romans 12:11-13. MOPS is one of the terrific things that happens at Northgate and if you want to be part of the Team, or if you want information on how to be involved as a Mom, you can talk to Pastor Gloria (email@example.com) or Pastor Marsha (firstname.lastname@example.org) about that.
- Group Life: Monday Night Discipleship Group– The MNDG begins meeting again on Monday, September 10th. We’ll be studying the book of Revelation and will meet for 11 weeks. Group is from 6:30-8pm, is open to all and is held in Meeting Room #3 at North. The book we’re using is called Revelation from the Christ-Centered Exposition series and is by Daniel Akin. For more information, contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com.
- Group Life: Bible Quizzing– Pastor Marsha and Pastor Dan are bringing Quizzing back full-force for the 2018-19 school year and all 6th-12thgraders are invited to be part of it. We’ll study the second half of Luke and the whole book of Jonah. Practices will be Sundays after the second service, food included, and rides home can be provided, if needed. An informational meeting will be held the last Sunday of August (8/26) from 12:15 to 1:30pm. For more information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
- Serving: Bible Trek– Pastor John and Bible Trek Director Katie Zimmerman are seeking a few more people who would like to help shape the spiritual life of some of our youngest attenders – those in Kindergarten through 4thgrade. They are holding an informational meeting this Sunday (August 26th) at 11am in the Bible Trek room. If you are interested in serving Northgate in a significant way, please consider attending. And if you want more information, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
You Can Count on This – Mark 6:38 – “How many loaves do you have?” he asked. “Go and see.” (Read Mark 6:30-56)
Half a loaf. That’s what we have at home right now, on the counter in our kitchen. We’d have more but I was on a peanut butter/jelly frenzy last week, and this week it’s been tomato sandwiches. Anyway… Jesus asked his disciples to count up how much bread they had on hand, and when they did they knew it would never be enough to feed the crowd around them. I feel that way sometimes; do you? Like we just don’t have enough to take care of the needs we see? We don’t. But Jesus does. Only through Christ are we ever going to be able to meet the needs of this hungry world. I can’t do it, and you can’t. But through Christ, people will get fed.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.