- Thank You Pastor Gloria!– Pastor Gloria has served Northgate faithfully and well for 12 years. Many of you have been the happy beneficiaries of her good ministry and gifts. Gloria is now moving into semi-retirement, which means she will continue as the Lead Pastor at Arbor House, but will hand other responsibilities over to other staff. We want to celebrate and thank Gloria for her good service and are planning to do that with cake and fellowship on Sunday, September 15 after the second service in the North Café. Hope to see you there!
- Israel Tour– We now have almost 20 people committed to take the tour of Israel next February (15-25). There is time for more to sign up, but time is running out. If you’d like to get more information on this trip, you can do so by contacting Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any interest in going, please contact me soon!
- “Not So Newlywed Night”– A few years ago we had a night where several pastor couples got on stage and participated in a “Newlywed Game” – type event. Well, we’re going to do it again, as a wrap up of sorts to our first sermon series of the Fall, called “It’s Complicated” which will be focused on relationships of all kinds, including marriage. We’d love to see a lot of people come out for “Not So Newlywed” and it’s a great opportunity to invite some friends to a fun night at Northgate. It’s going to be held on Friday, September 27 at 6:30pm at North.
- Bible Quizzing Informational Meeting–It’s a new year for Bible Quizzing and we’re looking to grow. This wonderful Free Methodist program helps young people to learn the Bible, meet kids from other churches in our area, enjoy some good competition and have fun. Pastor Marsha and Pastor Daniel lead Bible Quizzing and are holding an informational meeting about it on Sunday, August 25 at 12:20pm in our pavilion at North. For more information contact either one of them (Marsha@northgatefmc.com or Daniel@northgatefmc.com).
- Moms in Prayer/Prayer for Schools– The start of the new school year is coming (and some colleges have already begun classes) and so we want to take a moment to pray for students and teachers and other school personnel – that God will protect, lead and speak into their lives this year. We are going to do that in our services on the weekend of September 14 and 15. Also, please know that throughout the school year we have a group that meets on the 2ndand 4th Tuesdays at 6:30pm to pray for the schools. Moms in Prayer meets at North in Room #6 and you are welcome to join them.
- Kickoff Weekend is Coming Up Fast! – September 7-8 is our “Kickoff Weekend”, which is the “official” start to our new year of ministry. Small groups get going again; we begin a new sermon series; and people return to a regular pattern of church attendance. We hope to see you and a friend join us for Kickoff Weekend! In addition to what I mentioned here…
- The Children’s Wing Remodel Will Be Revealed!– This summer we have been investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. The remodel is coming together really well and we’ll be excited to show it off on our Kickoff weekend, September 7-8. We believe this new wing is going to be a place where kids will want to come and will want to bring their friends. To learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at email@example.com.
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– Every Wednesday a group of people meet at our North Campus to pray in the evening. Often, weather permitting, they will head out to our new prayer walk – complete with benches and a path that is gradually being beautifully covered with mulch. It is a wonderful place to pray and hold our church, our friends and family and community before the Lord. If you’d like to join them, come to North at 6pm on Wednesday.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group is Studying Romans– The Monday night group led by Pastor Vern is going to start meeting again on September 9 at 6:30pm. This year we are going to read and discuss the book of Romans. This has been a fun and lively group and our discussions of the Bible have been very rewarding. We now have more space available to meet in, so if you’d like to join in you are most welcome! We will meet in Room #2 at North. For more information you can contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect With Others Through a Small Group This Fall–Getting to know other people through a small group is an important value in our church. Many of our small groups take a break for the summer, but fall planning is already under way. If you have ideas, questions, hopes or requests for bringing together like-minded believers to develop friendships and deepen their faith in Jesus, please contact Pastor Marsha – email@example.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 14:14 – “… Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” – (Read Luke 14:1-14)
Why do you do the good things you do for others? Do you tend to be concerned about what you are going to get in return, in this life? Are you kind to others so that they will be kind to you? Do you lend so you can borrow? Jesus says we’re not to worry about what we can get when we give, but to trust Him to take care of that, which He will, if not in this life, for certain in the next.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.